• Last Post 01 July 2017
Palmski posted this 26 June 2017

I'm thinking about volunteering (on my own) but am in my 40's .. what's the average age?!

• Liked by
  • Caroaus
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Martin_on_rails posted this 26 June 2017

I can only speak for Latitude - but while I'd say 50% are in the 18-21 age group (probably due to uni vacation time, oh to have that amount of free time again), there's a wide variety of people coming together which makes it such a nice festival.  I even had parent-son camped by me last year, heartening that the different generations can enjoy the same things.  And I've just hit the big 4-0 at the start of the month, my body hasn't given way yet like everyone says it does so I'll still keep on comin...

Mad_Cyril posted this 27 June 2017

Hey Palmski,

Martin hit the nail on the head with his reply.... age really doesn't make that big a difference. I'm early 40's too so that's at least 3 old codgers this year!

Give me a shout on direct message if you want and i'll give you my number so at least that way you have a group to pitch up next to if you end up travelling alone.

Andy

Comrade L posted this 28 June 2017

Hi Palmski.

I'm the wrong side of 60, so everyone else in the world is a youngster to me ( except John Cale )

I'm going on my own.

Latitude will be the 1st major festival that l've attended since 1974, but I thought it well worth a try.

Hope to see you there

Regards

Steve

Mad_Cyril posted this 28 June 2017

Kudos Steve..... 43years is a long time between festivals.

Us old buggers should meet up for a drink when we arrive!

Andy

Palmski posted this 28 June 2017

Hi, Thanks for your replies. I will be hopefully going to Reading Festival. I hope you all have an amazing time at Latitude, you should defo meet up for a drink. I love that

I'm not sure how to direct message as I'm on my phone but you're welcome to message me and il hopefully be able to see it then.

Caroaus posted this 28 June 2017

Hi Palmski,

I too am volunteering for the first time and find that I have more miles on the clock than the average. But I take heart, Steve, that at least one other volunteer will have more of life experiences also.

From my vantage point of 54 I strongly disagree, Andy, that early forties can be termed "old codger"! You don't even qualify as middle aged these days. ;-)

So, I am looking forward to hanging out with all the youngsters in their forties and below and having a fabulous time with all.

See you all soon, Caro

• Liked by
  • Comrade L
  • Lgeejay
bakershake posted this 01 July 2017

Almost mid 40's here! Volunteered at Reading for 2 years and this will be my 2nd year volunteering at V (a lot closer to home, I only live about 10 miles away!) Attended both as a punter, but having volunteered would never go back!

Love the Reading line up this year though, but with two children I can't warrant being away two consecutive weeks (oh to be 10 or 20 years younger!!!!!)

YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close