How to apply to work at BBC Live in Hyde Park
You can apply now to work at BBC Live in Hyde Park 2019 using our online event job application!
What you'll do when working at BBC Live in Hyde Park
Our BBC Live in Hyde Park staff work in three teams:
- Arena Stewards
- Ingress Stewards
- Disabled Access Drivers
Our Arena Stewards provide information, directions, and assistance for the BBC Live in Hyde Park audience, for example helping those looking for a specific bar, area, welfare or medical assistance, water point or toilets, meeting point, arena entrance, exit... In addition our Arena Stewards manage the public's use of space in the arena, keeping an eye on how much space each party is using, advising if this needs to be reduced, directing those entering the arena where space can be found, and on Sunday keeping the area in-front of the stage standing only.
Our Ingress Stewards provide information and directions to the public arriving and departing the event. On arrival our Ingress Stewards advise the public of the best route to the correct entrance (main, guest, disabled access and so on...), answer any questions those arriving may have, and advise regarding entry policies e.g. the maximum bag sizes permitted in the event.
Our team of disabled access drivers assist the event's disabled access customers when arriving and departing the event, assisting with transport between the disabled access car park and gate.
BBC Live in Hyde Park 2019 job application deadline
There isn't a specific deadline for BBC Live in Hyde Park job applications, we keep the application open until all of the staff positions available at BBC Live in Hyde Park have been taken!
So, if you can apply that means we have jobs available!
Briefings at BBC Live in Hyde Park
All team briefings are on Saturday 14th September, the briefing times are role dependent:
Ingress Stewards 10:30
Arena Stewards 11:00
Shifts at BBC Live in Hyde Park
Shift times are role dependent, everyone is required to complete two shifts, one on Sat 14th and one on Sun 15th:
Arena Stewards: Saturday midday to 19:00, Sunday 09:00 to 18:00.
Ingress Stewards: Saturday 11:30 to 17:30/19:00, Sunday 08:00 to 15:00/18:30.
Drivers: Saturday midday to midnight, Sunday 10:00 to 23:00.
All shifts include appropriate breaks.
The things we provide our staff with at BBC Live in Hyde Park
When you work with Hotbox Events at BBC Live in Hyde Park we'll make sure you have all you need to complete your shifts and have a safe and enjoyable time with us!
The below are the bits we always provide at BBC Live in Hyde Park, and once you're onsite we're always on-hand should you need something else!
- A staff info pack which thoroughly details the roles, responsibilities, and provides information about the event and the event site.
- Depending on position a BBC Live in Hyde Park crew pass when you arrive at the festival to allow you to move about onsite, or an event pass at the end of your shift to allow you to enjoy the event!
- A thorough onsite briefing where you can also ask any questions you have.
- At the beginning of each shift all the bits you'll need including a BBC Live in Hyde Park tabard, a radio if the position requires one, and any PPE.
The bits you need to check when applying to work at BBC Live in Hyde Park
There are a few bits below you'll need to make sure of when applying to work at BBC Live in Hyde Park.
- Be 18 or over on the date you need to arrive at BBC Live in Hyde Park.
- If taking on a driver role be 25 or over.
- Be available to arrive at the BBC Live in Hyde Park site in good time for your onsite briefing on Saturday 14th September 2019 (please see the Briefings section above for your briefing time).
- Be available to work your shifts on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th September 2019 (see Briefings and Shifts section above for details).
- Either live within travelling distance of Hyde Park or be able to secure accommodation for the weekend. Please note we are not able to provide accommodation; costs for accommodation; and you cannot camp in Hyde Park.
- Wear a BBC Live in Hyde Park tabard when completing your shifts.
- Produce documents to prove your right to work in the UK (original documents when arriving at the event, and upload scans before you arrive).
- If proving your right to work in the UK by way of a birth certificate and proof of NI (rather than just a passport which is the other option); then to bring additional photo ID to prove your identity.
- If taking on a driver role provide a copy of your driving licence (front and back); this must be done before a position can be offered.
Proving your right to work in the UK
To work at BBC Live in Hyde Park with Hotbox Events you must have the right to work in the UK. Under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act of 2006 Hotbox Events is required by law to check your right to work in the UK.
For further information please read the Borders and Immigration section in our event FAQs.
How BBC Live in Hyde Park 2019 roles are allocated
Applications received for positions at BBC Live in Hyde Park are assessed and allocated within 24 hours of receiving your application.
As noted above for the driver roles you must be over 25.
Watch interviews with members of our team
If you've not worked at a music event before and would like to see what it's like working at events before applying - make sure you checkout our interviews page!
In the interviews you'll get to hear from those who have joined us talking about how they found their shifts, how they were treated by the Hotbox Events team, what it was like working at an event for the first time, taking on more responsibility year on year and progressing to new roles, and even how the experience and confidence gained has helped with their career progression away from music events!
How to join the staff newsletter
If you haven't already please subscribe to our newsletter!
This way we can let you know when the event applications open each year and keep you up to date with new event job opportunities!
We generally just send one newsletter a month.
Getting involved with the event community
If you'd like to hear and see more from those who have worked with us in the past please head to our event community!
On our event community pages you can get an idea of what it's like to work with Hotbox Events by browsing our photo galleries, hear from those who have joined us by watching some interviews, chat with new and returning staff in our event forum, and read feedback from those who have joined us on our staff feedback page!
Questions about working at BBC Live in Hyde Park?
Try our FAQ as lots of questions are answered in there!
Contact us to chat about working at BBC Live in Hyde Park
If you'd like to know more or would just like to have a chat about working at BBC Live in Hyde Park with us you can email or call
Or get in touch via one of our socials linked at the bottom of the page 🙂