2016 Hotbox Festival Staff and Volunteer Lift Sharing Topic

• 1.9K Views
  • Last Post 23 August 2016
Mark posted this 20 April 2016

What is lift sharing?

The idea is to meet with others who are heading in the same direction, usually in a car, and travel together. Meaning you save on fuel costs and help the environment! In previous years many of our festival staff and volunteers have arranged to share lifts via the Hotbox Events Forum so please do try and travel together whenever possible.

How to arrange to share a lift?

If you are offering a lift post a message in this topic including:

- Where you are going

- Where you are coming from

- How many spaces you have

- When you are going

E.g. "I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival, I have two spaces in my car."

If you are requesting a lift post a message in this topic including:

- Where you are going

- Where you are coming from

- How many spaces you're looking for

- When you are going

E.g. "I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival with one friend.

How to contact people about lift sharing?

You can contact people from the Hotbox Events forum; if you click on someone's username next to one of their posts you will be taken to the user's forum profile where you can click "Click to send an E-Mail. This is a good way to work out details such as times and locations.

Please note you'll need to have posted a few times otherwise the forum won't let you send messages! Best of luck finding your lift!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Shelly posted this 21 June 2016

Hi, looking for a lift share to Latitude.

I'm based in Morecambe (just below the Lake District) so shares from Scotland/Cumbria/Lancashire would be ideal.

Let me know! Cheers x

swingnarla posted this 25 June 2016

Hey, looking for 1 space in a car to Latitude from Sheffield on the 12th/13th of July (at least 3 hours before briefing whenever that will be).

It would also be a great help to get a lift back on the Monday but not necessary. Thanks!

Martin_on_rails posted this 30 June 2016

Offered: For Latitude festival

2 spaces available from Birmingham. Looking to set off after work on the 12th, and returning on the Monday morning (so no Monday day shifts, sorry). Ideally if anyone's West Mids or Warks based but may consider others if en route.

jamest54 posted this 01 July 2016

Hey! I'm looking for a lift from Manchester or anywhere near, there and back.

If anyone could spare a seat you would be a life saver!

Am happy to put money towards petrol too! ??

tom.bw@hotmail.co.uk posted this 01 July 2016

• Looking for a lift to Latitude
    • On Wednesday 13th July (return on Monday 18th July)
    • I live in Salisbury in South West England but can get public transport to somewhere en route in the London/Suffolk direction to get picked up to make it easier.
    • Will of course pay petrol money :)
    • Just 1 space needed

hollytaylor posted this 02 July 2016

Hi there, Will anyone be travelling from Oxfordshire? I live in Oxford and am looking for a lift.

jade posted this 02 July 2016

Hi :) Myself and two friends are looking for a lift from London to Latitude on either the 12th or 13th, and returning on the Monday. We live in north west London, but can get a bus somewhere else if that's easier to pick us up from. And of course we'll contribute to the petrol cost.

abig posted this 03 July 2016

Hi :) Im traveling from Ipswich to Latitude on Wednesday 13th (however debating to go on the 12th if anyone needs to) and traveling back on Sunday Morning. I have 3 places in my car.

GraceJackson98 posted this 03 July 2016

Offering a lift:

I'm planning on driving from London to Latitude on Wednesday 13th (I may go on the 12th if my shift's are arranged that way, or if you convince me). I have a 5-seater, but will probably take a maximum of 2/3 others due to needing space for all our bags. I'll be driving back to London on the Monday, so you're welcome to get a lift back too.

I'll be driving through Watford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Ipswich etc so I can pick people up en route if you're not coming from London. Quite easy-going in terms of driving so I'm sure I could be persuaded to go a little out of my way if someone is desperate for a lift.

rwilliams93 posted this 04 July 2016

Hey, looking for one car space for a lift to Latitude from Bristol

Nicoleund posted this 08 July 2016

Hi I'm travelling up Monday around 4ish from Bristol, just me in the car atm if anyone wants to lift share?

Nicoleund posted this 08 July 2016

Meant travelling up Tuesday about 4, back Monday after my Monday shift to and from Bristol :)

SteJFin posted this 08 July 2016

Hi there, I'm looking for a lift from Diss train station to the festival site on Tuesday 12th, if anyone will be passing the station or anywhere nearby from 4pm onwards?

Thanks Ste

AWalker posted this 08 July 2016

Hey, me and my friend are looking for a lift from London to latitude on either the Tuesday or the Wednesday if anyone is offering a lift. We would be happy to meet anywhere in London.

Thanks Aidan

GraceJackson98 posted this 11 July 2016

I can't seem to delete my post offering a lift, but the car is now full so I won't be able to take anyone else. Sorry.

andef003 posted this 02 August 2016

Hi, my sister and I are stewarding at Reading and currently need a lift. We are based in Haywards Heath near Brighton but could be picked up in another location if that is easier for you

LeanneS posted this 09 August 2016

Hi, I'm offering a lift share for 3 people to V festival.

I'll be travelling down on the thursday 18th August from Chester. Willing to pick up people from around the chester area or on route to Hylands park.

Eve Gowen posted this 09 August 2016

Hi, I'd love a lift there if possible! Are you going through/close to London? Or I dont mind catching a train to Chelmsford. Im down from Australia you see and dont really know anyone else volunteering/the area well. More than happy to chip in for fuel as well

daniyoungg posted this 09 August 2016

Hi im from Chester and am heading down to the Hylands Park Chelmsford V Fest to volunteer?? I would be really interested in your lift offering!?

LeanneS posted this 10 August 2016

Hi Eve, I will most likely have to go round the outer ring (M25) of London to get there. Do you roughly know where you'll be in London on the thursday 18th?

Eve Gowen posted this 10 August 2016

I'm staying in Guildford, but I honestly don't mind catching a train to somewhere that's more convenient for you

LeanneS posted this 11 August 2016

Would you be able to get to Uxbridge or Iver train station okay? I can get there quite easily off the motorway doesnt add too much on to my jounrney too.

Eve Gowen posted this 11 August 2016

Yeah, i should be able to do that fine. Would you be able to add me on facebook (Eve Gowen) just cause that'd make organizing things a lot easier haha, cheers. Thank you so much for the lift offer as well!

cvillierssmith posted this 12 August 2016

Hi Leanne, 

Jumping in a little here but i live in Uxbridge and was thinking of driving to V but just saw your post... Do you have any spaces left?  Charlotte

chloesumner94 posted this 12 August 2016

I am leaving Plymouth on Wednesday 24th July at 11am, heading to Reading festival, I have two spaces in my car.

potatorosst posted this 14 August 2016

Hey, I'm travelling to Reading from Bracknell on Wednesday 24th and have space for 3 people - I'm happy to travel a bit to pick people up as I'm prettty close to Reading. Looking to get there for about 2pm.

LeanneS posted this 14 August 2016

Hi Charlotte, yes I have one space left! I'm happy to pick you up if you can get to Uxbridge train station on the thursday. My fb is leanne.spencer.313 if you would still like to arrange a lift. (For some reason the private messaging through here doesnt work for me!) 

klaradol posted this 15 August 2016

Hi Anyone going from V festival to Reading? I could really use a lift.

Longie posted this 16 August 2016

Hey potatorosst. Fancy popping by Maidenhead?

rwilliams93 posted this 16 August 2016

Have two spare seats travelling from Bristol to Reading Festival on the 23rd   

• Liked by
  • Annabeledwards
Annabeledwards posted this 16 August 2016

Hi, wondering if I could get a lift from Bristol to Reading on the 23rd (and potentially back?) 

Annabel  

• Liked by
  • holly95
  • rwilliams93
potatorosst posted this 16 August 2016

@Longie - yeah of course! Drop me a message on fb and we can organise - m.me/ross.tibbles

sophiec98@hotmail.co.uk posted this 17 August 2016

Anyone traveling anywhere near leeds airport on the tuesday that could do a pickup to Leeds fest? Fuel money will be supplied!

rwilliams93 posted this 18 August 2016

Hey, yep can do we'll be leaving Bristol around half 2/3. There's 2 of us, you should probably message us on facebook - Ruth Williams, and Nicole Underwood. Nicole will be driving so she'll know all the sepcifics 

poseurextraordinaire posted this 20 August 2016

Hi everyone! Looking for a lift from Brighton (or possibly London) to Reading on Weds the 24th. I can offer petrol money, witty conversation and my dashing good looks

AliceHenderson posted this 21 August 2016

Hi, I am offering lifts to Reading on Tuesday 23rd or Wednesday 24th (I'm flexible) from South Wales/Bristol and back if necessary!

• Liked by
  • ALJB7047
marss posted this 23 August 2016

Hey, looking for a lift from Reading to central London on 29th

YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close