Event Volunteers and Stewards
Hotbox Events recruits and manages volunteer stewards for events across the UK. Our first event was Leeds Festival in 2003, where we provided just 6 volunteers. Since then, we've grown to now supplying over two thousand volunteer stewards every year!
If you run an event and would like more information about the volunteers Hotbox Events can provide please contact us.
Our Volunteer and Stewarding Experience
Our management team has been recruiting and managing volunteer stewards for events since the early 90s.
We currently supply and manage teams of up to 850 at the events we work with, helping in the campsites, on fire towers, gates, wristband exchanges and in the arenas.
Our Volunteer and Stewarding Services
Our volunteer teams provide support and customer service to event goers whilst working with other onsite agencies to help reduce crime and keep event ticket holders safe.
The key areas our volunteer stewards assist with include:
- Working in campsites, arenas, on gates, fire towers, and wristband exchanges.
- Our stewards are the eyes and ears of an event; trained to be proactive and alert to any potential problem.
- Promoting crime awareness and crime prevention to the public.
- Working with onsite teams to ensure medical, fire and security issues are dealt with promptly and safely.
- Helping to prevent overcrowding and on hand to monitor crowd safety.
- Assisting the public to create an environment where they feel safe.
- Directing the public, assisting with ingress and egress to help the process run smoothly and effectively.
- Supporting your ticket holders, providing information about the event including facilities and performances to ensure they have the best possible time at your event.
We've received fantastic feedback from event organisers and even the UK Police Force! You can find some of the feedback we've received on our event feedback page.
Volunteer and Steward feedback
We pride ourselves on both the service our event volunteers provide and the enjoyable working environment we create for our stewards.
Joining Hotbox Events as a volunteer provides a valuable insight for those interested in working in the event sector, whilst at the same time offering a valuable service to the event.
You can find feedback from our volunteers on our event volunteer feedback page.
If you run an event and would like more information about the service Hotbox Events can provide please contact us.
Carole and Steve (Chartered Surveyor and a Parish Clerk RFO)
After being festival goers for a number of years, now the family has grown up and we have a little more time on our hands we decided to extend the festival experience by volunteering for a week at Latitude 2014 as CATs! We did not really know what we had let ourselves in for but we were so glad we did because our fellow CATs, supervisors and festival goers were absolutely lovely and great fun. It was so nice to see the relieved smiles on people's faces when we helped them to put up their tents they bought the day before! The festival goers we assisted and chatted to, made a point of coming up to us later in the festival (when we were off duty) to say thank you again and for a chat which was so nice. Latitude Festival was amazing as usual but what made it special was flashing our crew wristbands to get in and out of the arena so quickly, it really made us feel important (is that sad?). The mixture of age and enthusiasm of our fellow volunteers and staff just helped make the festival experience so fab - we wished we had done this years ago and we are definitely coming back in 2015!