How to apply to work at Latitude
You can apply now to work or volunteer at Latitude Festival using our online application!
If there is anything you would like to ask or you would just like to chat with us about joining us at Latitude Festival, the easiest way is to...
You can connect with us @hotboxevents on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
Connecting with other staff and volunteers
If you would like to chat with others who have worked with us at Latitude Festival before head to our Facebook Group and Forum
On Facebook and in our Forum you will find new and returning staff and volunteers chatting about what it is like to work at Latitude Festival, arranging to share lifts to Latitude, asking and answering questions about working at Latitude Festival and more...
Watch staff and volunteer interviews
If you've not joined us at Latitude Festival before and would like to see what it's like working at Latitude before applying - make sure you checkout our Latitude Festival staff and volunteer interviews!
In the Latitude Festival interviews you'll get to hear from Latitude Festival staff and volunteers who have joined us talking about how they found their shifts, how they were treated by the Hotbox Events team at Latitude, what it was like working at Latitude Festival for the first time on their own, taking on more responsibility year on year, and even how the experience and confidence gained at Latitude Festival has helped with their career progression away from music festivals!
Photos of Latitude Festival staff and volunteers
Another way to see what joining us at Latitude Festival is like is to check out some of our Latitude Festival photos!
In our Latitude Festival photo galleries, you will find thousands of photos covering our festival history over the past twenty years!
Going Solo to Latitude Festival
If you are thinking about joining us at Latitude Festival but not sure about going solo you do not need to worry, every year more than half of those who join us at Latitude Festival do so on their own the first time and then return year on year to meet up with friends they have made!
Questions about joining us at Latitude
If you have specific questions about joining us at Latitude Festival try our festival FAQs!
Our festival FAQs are regularly updated and packed full of answers to the questions we are usually asked, plus lots of handy hints and tips about working at Latitude Festival.
We usually send an email newsletter about once a month, if you would like to keep up to date you can subscribe!
Latitude Festival 2023 application deadline
There isn't a specific deadline for Latitude Festival applications, we keep the application open until all of the positions available at Latitude Festival have gone!
We confirm positions within 24 hours of a deposit being paid, often within the hour, so if you apply and pay your deposit now, you'll receive a confirmation that you have a place at Latitude Festival today!
Why there is a refundable deposit to work or volunteer?
The refundable deposit is your way of showing commitment to joining us at Latitude Festival.
You only need to pay 1 deposit a year to join us at as many festivals as you like!
Your deposit is returned to you within 30 days of the festival.
For more info about deposits please head to the deposits section of our FAQs!
How much is the refundable deposit?
If this is your first time joining us at a festival, the refundable deposit required for Latitude Festival is £95.
If you've joined us at a festival before, the refundable volunteer deposit is discounted by almost 50% to £45.
There are no admin fees charged on deposits, so you receive your entire deposit back as long as you complete all of your shifts!
What's the difference between working at Latitude Festival as a volunteer or a paid tower steward?
Our Latitude Festival volunteers and paid stewards work in different areas of the festival site, in different roles and with a different number of shifts. Whether you choose to volunteer or work as a paid tower steward will depend on what you want to get out of your experience at Latitude Festival!
What you'll do when volunteering at Latitude Festival
Our Latitude Festival volunteers work 3 x 8 hour shifts spread across the festival, usually one early shift, one late shift and one night shift. They work either as Campsite Assistant Teams or In The Woods Pixies and can be found across the festival site assisting with a wide variety of areas! It'd be tricky to list everything we get up to but some of the most common roles include the below:
- Assisting Latitude Festival goers with directions.
- Helping Latitude Festival goers carry their belongings and pitch their tents.
- Answering questions about Latitude Festival performances and line-ups.
- Reporting any problems such as a build-up of litter or faulty facilities.
- Working alongside Latitude Festival Fire Safety, Medical and Security teams.
- Helping out with various roles across the Latitude Festival site including pedestrian and vehicle gates, wristband exchanges, keeping an eye on facilities, monitoring stages and walkways.
What you'll do when working as a paid tower steward at Latitude Festival
Our Latitude Festival paid tower stewards work 4 x 8 hour shifts, and have one shift every day. They can be found working at the fire towers around festival site and are paid £11.76 per hour including holiday pay (for those on PAYE).
We've listed the most common tasks the Latitude Festival paid tower stewards help with below:
- Acting as a Spotter at the top of the fire towers, keeping an eye out for any hazards, suspicious behaviour or anyone in need of assistance.
- Reporting any issues you spot to the volunteers and security teams on the ground.
- Responding to any small fires within the campsites and passing on the location of any larger fires to the event's fire service team.
- Helping the event's ingress and egress run smoothly.
- Working alongside Latitude Festival Fire Safety, Medical and Security teams to keep Latitude Festival a safe event for everyone.
The things we provide at Latitude Festival
When you join Hotbox Events at Latitude Festival we make sure you have all you need to complete your shifts and have a safe and enjoyable week with us!
The below are the bits we always provide at Latitude Festival, and once you're onsite we're always on-hand should you need something else!
- We send an info pack a few weeks before Latitude Festival which thoroughly details your role at the festival, responsibilities, and provides information about the festival and the festival site.
- Secure Latitude Festival crew parking within walking distance of (but often next to!) your own private campsite!
- A private and secure Latitude Festival Hotbox Events camping area within the main festival crew area. In here you'll also find the Hotbox festival office so we're always close-by if you need anything!
- A Latitude Festival Hotbox crew marquee with chairs, tables, charging points, hot water, free tea, coffee, and biscuits!
- Access to Latitude Festival crew toilets and hot showers!
- Dedicated and discounted Latitude Festival crew catering right inside your crew campsite offering some of the tastiest festival meals you're ever likely to find on a festival site!
- A Latitude Festival crew pass when you arrive at the festival which allows you to move about onsite.
- A thorough onsite briefing from us and other Latitude Festival teams where you can also ask any questions you have.
- At the beginning of each shift all the bits you'll need including a Latitude Festival tabard, a radio if the position requires one, and any PPE.
The bits you need to check when applying to join us at Latitude
There are a few bits below you'll need to make sure of when applying to work or volunteer at Latitude Festival.
- Be 18 or over on the date you need to arrive at Latitude Festival.
- Be available to arrive at the Latitude Festival site in good time for your onsite briefing (no later than 4 hours before your briefing) on Wednesday 19th July 2023 (Event Sign-in Date). You're welcome to arrive at Latitude Festival from midday on Tuesday 18th.
- Be available for a briefing at Latitude Festival at 19:00 on Tuesday 18th or 19:00 on Wednesday 19th (the briefing you need to attend is shift pattern dependent). Please note when the shift preferences are available, if you choose one of the shift patterns which include a Wednesday shift and are confirmed for this, you will need to arrive on the Tuesday (from midday) to be booked in and have your onsite briefing at 19:00 on the Tuesday prior to your first shift on the Wednesday.
- If applying to volunteer, be available to volunteer for three 8 hour shifts at any time between 09:00 Wednesday 19th (or 01:00 Thursday if arriving for the later briefing) and 17:00 Monday 24th.
- If applying to be a paid tower steward, be available to work 4 or 5 8 hour shifts (one shift every day), from 09:00 Thursday 20th to 17:00 Monday 24th.
- If applying to be a paid tower steward, be confident working at height, comfortable climbing ladders and being stood up for the majority of your shift.
- Arrive at the Hotbox Events festival office one hour prior to your shift to be signed in and have your zone and/or position allocated; you will then need to allow between 5 and 20 minutes to make your way to your zone. This time is outside of your allocated 8 hour shifts in a similar way that travelling to your place of work or study is outside of paid work or classroom hours.
- Wear a Latitude Festival tabard when completing your shifts.
- Produce documents to prove your right to work and volunteer in the UK.
- Provide a refundable security deposit.
Proving your right to work and volunteer in the UK
To work or volunteer at Latitude Festival with Hotbox Events you must have the right to work and volunteer in the UK. Under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act of 2006 Hotbox Events is required by law to check your right to work and volunteer in the UK.
For further information please read the Borders and Immigration section in our festival FAQs.
How Latitude Festival shifts are planned
We work very hard to make sure everyone who volunteers with us at Latitude Festival has an amazing experience and this of course includes your shift pattern!
Latitude shifts are chosen by way of shift preferences that you can select. We open shift selection a few weeks before Latitude Festival and let you know when you can login to choose your shift preferences via email, our news, and socials. There are usually between 20-30 volunteer shift patterns to choose between and we make sure everyone gets the highest shift preference possible!
You can find more information about Latitude Festival volunteer shifts below but if you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch!
- When you volunteer at Latitude Festival you'll complete three 8 hour shifts, so a total of twenty-four hours volunteering throughout the course of the festival.
- Shift patterns are allocated before Latitude Festival, then individual positions at the beginning of each shift. If you have a preference when it comes to location your supervisor will do their best to accommodate your request.
- You need to arrive at the Hotbox Events festival office one hour prior to your shift to be signed in and have your position allocated. You then need to allow between 5 and 20 mins to make your way to your position. This time is outside of your three 8-hour shifts in a similar way that travelling to your place of work or study is outside of paid work or classroom hours.
- You don't need to return to the office after your shift as your zone supervisor will sign you out in the zone, take your tabard and any equipment allocated to you, so you are free to head off straight away as soon as your shift ends!
- The first Latitude Festival volunteer shift starts at 09:00 on the Wednesday before the festival weekend.
- Everyone volunteering with us at Latitude Festival is required to work one night shift.
- The final Latitude Festival volunteer shift finishes at 17:00 on the Monday after the festival weekend.
- Our standard Latitude Festival shift times are Early 09:00 to 17:00, Late 17:00 to 01:00, Night 01:00 to 09:00.
- You can ask to swap any shift you are allocated with your Latitude Festival supervisor who will do their best to accommodate your request.
- We try to be as fair as possible when allocating shifts, everyone volunteering with us at Latitude Festival gets at least two of the main festival afternoons or evenings off to see the headliners.
- If you'd like to find out more about how Latitude Festival volunteer shifts are planned please head to the festival volunteer shifts section of our FAQs!
Paid Tower Steward Shifts
If joining us as a paid tower steward, you'll have a choice of between 5 - 10 different shift patterns, all of which have 4 shifts. Some of these shift patterns will have 4 of the same shift (for example, four x 17:00 - 01:00 shifts) and others will have a variety of different shifts (for example, two x 09:00 - 17:00 shifts, one x 17:00 - 01:00 shift and one x 01:00 - 09:00 shift).
Your shift pattern will be allocated based on your shift preferences and deposit payment date, so if you have a particular preference for one shift pattern over another we recommend applying and paying your deposit early!
The festival staff and volunteering community
If you'd like to hear and see more from those who have joined us at Latitude Festival in the past please head to our festival community!
On our festival community pages you can get an idea of what it's like to join us at Latitude Festival by browsing our Latitude Festival photo galleries, hear from volunteers who have joined us by watching some Latitude Festival volunteer interviews, chat with returning and new volunteers in our festival forum, and read feedback from volunteers who have joined on our volunteer feedback page!
Questions about joining us at Latitude Festival
Try our FAQ as lots of questions are answered in there!
If you would like to drop us an email its email@example.com
You can reach our office by phone on the numbers below...
Tel: 01252849600 (UK) select option 2 for Hotbox Events
Tel: +441252849600 (International) select option 2 for Hotbox Events
Volunteering at Latitude 2015 was one of the best experiences I've ever had. The shift schedule meant that we could see a lot of great acts, plus the staff showers, water points and camping ground were very convenient!
I went with my flatmate and we formed a close group with about 10 other volunteers who we called our "Festival Fam". It was 5 days of non-stop laughing, dancing, singing, embarrassing-story-telling (and a little bit of drinking). The time flew and though we were sad to leave each other we were very much ready to go home and sleep in our beds haha.
We've kept in touch and since and have made a pact to reunite the Festival Fam for Latitude 2016.
Thanks to Hotbox for this opportunity. Highly recommend.