All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
- The Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Hotbox Events collecting/processing their personal data.
- All Employees/Staff of Hotbox Events who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
Hotbox Events is a trading name of Hotbox Studios Ltd. Hotbox Studios Ltd design websites, create animation, develop cloud based software, and supply online services such as web hosting, email and domain registration.
Our Data Protection Officer and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Sending emails to you about services we offer
- Provide estimates and quotes for projects and work
- Sending invoices
- Enabling us to make improvements to our websites
- Enabling us to make improvements to our cloud based software
- Letting you know about volunteer opportunities
- PNC Checks
- Volunteer roles
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Legal obligation
- Legitimate interests
- Data processing agreements
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Hotbox Events to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by filling out our form here https://www.hotboxstudios.co.uk/privacy/
Hotbox Events will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
Hotbox Events will process and store personal data in accordance with their policy GDRP DOC 2.3 Retention Period Procedure.
Hotbox Events retains your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services as our client. Hotbox Events are required under tax laws to keep your personal data for a minimum of 7 years.
Health and Safety records will be retained for 10 years and where we have your consent for marketing purposes, we will retain the minimum required data until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive such information.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the complaints section below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Hotbox Events or third parties, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Hotbox Events's data protection representatives Data Protection Officer.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Hotbox Events, will collect and use your personal data for cookies, complaints, enquiries, volunteer applications, online payments, job applications and subscription.
Why does Hotbox Events need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide our services to you we need to collect personal data. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Hotbox Events would contact you for additional consent.
Will Hotbox Events share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Hotbox Events in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Hotbox Events's procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Hotbox Events use the personal data it collects about me?
Hotbox Events will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Hotbox Events is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Hotbox Events contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Hotbox Events at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Hotbox Events does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Organisation Name or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Hotbox Events accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months)
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer:
Unit 1, Middle Yard
Home Farm Road
Telephone: 01252 849600