How to apply to volunteer
You can apply now to volunteer at Latitude Festival using our online volunteer application!
If there is anything you would like to ask or you would just like to chat with us about volunteering at Latitude Festival, the easiest way is to...
Connecting with other volunteers
On Facebook and in our Forum you will find new and returning volunteers chatting about what it is like to volunteer at Latitude Festival, arranging to share lifts to Latitude, asking and answering questions about volunteering at Latitude Festival and more...
Watch Latitude Festival interviews
If you've not volunteered at Latitude Festival before and would like to see what it's like volunteering at Latitude before applying - make sure you checkout our Latitude Festival volunteer interviews!
In the Latitude Festival volunteer interviews you'll get to hear from Latitude Festival volunteers who have joined us talking about how they found their shifts, how they were treated by the Hotbox Events team at Latitude, what it was like volunteering at Latitude Festival for the first time on their own, taking on more responsibility year on year and progressing from a festival volunteer to staff role, and even how the experience and confidence gained at Latitude Festival has helped with their career progression away from music festivals!
Photos of Latitude Festival volunteers
Another way to see what volunteering at Latitude Festival is like is to check out some of our Latitude Festival photos!
In our Latitude Festival photo galleries, you will find thousands of photos covering our festival volunteering history over the past twenty years!
Going Solo to Latitude Festival
If you are thinking about volunteering at Latitude Festival but not sure about going solo you do not need to worry, every year more than half of those who volunteer with us at Latitude Festival do so on their own the first time and then return year on year to meet up with friends they have made whilst volunteering!
Questions about volunteering at Latitude
If you have specific questions about volunteering at Latitude Festival try our festival FAQs!
Our festival FAQs are regularly updated and packed full of answers to the questions we are usually asked, plus lots of handy hints and tips about volunteering at Latitude Festival.
We usually send an email newsletter about once a month, if you would like to keep up to date you can subscribe!
Latitude Festival 2021 application deadline
There isn't a specific deadline for Latitude Festival volunteer applications, we keep the application open until all of the volunteer positions available at Latitude Festival have gone!
We confirm positions within 24 hours of a deposit being paid, often within the hour, so if you apply and pay your deposit now, you'll receive a confirmation that you have a place volunteering at Latitude Festival today!
Why there is a refundable deposit to volunteer
The refundable deposit is your way of showing commitment to volunteering at Latitude Festival.
You only need to pay 1 deposit a year to volunteer at as many festivals as you like!
Your deposit is returned to you within 30 days of the festival.
For more info about deposits please head to the deposits section of our FAQs!
How much is the refundable deposit
If this is your first time volunteering with us at a festival the refundable volunteer deposit is £145.
If you've volunteered at a festival with us before the refundable volunteer deposit is discounted by 35% to £95.
There are no admin fees charged on deposits, so you receive your entire deposit back as long as you complete all of your shifts!
What you'll do when volunteering at Latitude
Our Latitude Festival volunteers can be found across the festival site assisting with a wide variety of areas! It'd be tricky to list everything we get up to but some of the most common roles include the below.
- Assisting Latitude Festival goers with directions.
- Helping Latitude Festival goers carry their belongings and pitch their tents.
- Answering questions about Latitude Festival performances and line-ups.
- Reporting any problems such as a build-up of litter or faulty facilities.
- Work alongside Latitude Festival Fire Safety, Medical and Security teams.
- Keeping an eye on the Latitude Festival campsites from the fire towers.
- Helping out with various roles across the Latitude Festival site including pedestrian and vehicle gates, wristband exchanges, keeping an eye on facilities, monitoring stages and walkways.
The things we provide at Latitude Festival
When you volunteer with Hotbox Events at Latitude Festival we make sure you have all you need to complete your volunteer shifts and have a safe and enjoyable week with us!
The below are the bits we always provide at Latitude Festival, and once you're onsite we're always on-hand should you need something else!
- We send a volunteer info pack a few weeks before Latitude Festival which thoroughly details the festival volunteer role, responsibilities, and provides information about the festival and the festival site.
- Secure Latitude Festival volunteer parking walking distance (often next to) your own private campsite!
- A private and secure Latitude Festival volunteer camping area within the main festival crew area. In here you'll also find the Hotbox festival office so we're always close-by if you need anything!
- A Latitude Festival volunteer marquee with chairs, tables, charging points, hot water, free tea, coffee, and biscuits!
- Access to Latitude Festival crew toilets and hot showers!
- Dedicated and discounted Latitude Festival volunteer catering right inside your volunteer campsite offering some of the tastiest festival meals you're ever likely to find!
- A Latitude Festival crew pass when you arrive at the festival which allows you to move about onsite.
- A thorough onsite briefing from us and other Latitude Festival teams where you can also ask any questions you have.
- At the beginning of each shift all the bits you'll need including a Latitude Festival tabard, a radio if the position requires one, and any PPE.
The bits you need to check when applying to volunteer
There are a few bits below you'll need to make sure of when applying to volunteer at Latitude Festival.
- Be 18 or over on the date you need to arrive at Latitude Festival.
- Be available to arrive at the Latitude Festival site in good time for your onsite briefing (no later than 4 hours before your briefing) on Wednesday 21st July 2021 (Event Sign-in Date). You're welcome to arrive at Latitude Festival from midday on Tuesday 20th.
- Be available for a briefing at Latitude Festival at 19:00 on Tuesday 20th or 19:00 on Wednesday 21st (the briefing you need to attend is shift pattern dependent). Please note when the shift preferences are available, if you chose one of the shift patterns which include a Wednesday shift and are confirmed for this, you will need to arrive on the Tuesday (from midday) to be booked in and have your onsite briefing at 19:00 on the Tuesday prior to your first shift on the Wednesday.
- Be available to volunteer for three 8 hour shifts at any time between 09:00 Wednesday 15th (or 01:00 Thursday if arriving for the later briefing) and 17:00 Monday 26th.
- Arrive at the Hotbox Events festival office one hour prior to your shift to be signed in and have your zone and/or position allocated; you will then need to allow between 5 and 20 minutes to make your way to your zone. This time is outside of your allocated three 8 hour shifts in a similar way that travelling to your place of work or study is outside of paid work or classroom hours.
- Wear a Latitude Festival tabard when completing your volunteer shifts.
- Produce documents to prove your right to work and volunteer in the UK.
- Provide a refundable security deposit.
Proving your right to work and volunteer in the UK
To work or volunteer at Latitude Festival with Hotbox Events you must have the right to work and volunteer in the UK. Under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act of 2006 Hotbox Events is required by law to check your right to work and volunteer in the UK.
For further information please read the Borders and Immigration section in our festival FAQs.
How Latitude Festival volunteer shifts are planned
We work very hard to make sure everyone who volunteers with us at Latitude Festival has an amazing experience and this of course includes your volunteering shift pattern!
Latitude volunteer shifts are chosen by way of volunteer shift preferences that you can select. We open volunteer shift selection a few weeks before Latitude Festival and let you know when you can login to choose your shift preferences via email, our news, and socials. There are usually between 20-30 volunteer shift patterns to choose between and we make sure everyone gets the highest shift preference possible!
You can find more information about Latitude Festival volunteer shifts below but if you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch!
- When you volunteer at Latitude Festival you'll complete three eight hour shifts, so a total of twenty four hours volunteering throughout the course of the festival.
- Shift patterns are allocated before Latitude Festival, then individual positions at the beginning of each shift. If you have a preference when it comes to location your supervisor will do their best to accommodate your request.
- You'll need to arrive at the Hotbox Events festival office one hour prior to your shift to be signed in and have your position allocated. You'll then need to allow between 15 and 20 mins to make your way to your position, and the same at the end of your shift to return to the Hotbox Events office to be signed out, return your tabard, and any equipment allocated to you. This time is outside of your three 8 hour shifts in a similar way that travelling to and returning from your place of work or study is outside of paid work or classroom hours.
- The first Latitude Festival volunteer shift starts at 09:00 on the Wednesday before the festival weekend.
- Everyone volunteering with us at Latitude Festival is required to work one night shift.
- The final Latitude Festival volunteer shift finishes at 17:00 on the Monday after the festival weekend.
- Our standard Latitude Festival volunteer shift times are Early 09:00 to 17:00, Late 17:00 to 01:00, Night 01:00 to 09:00.
- You can ask to swap any shift you are allocated with your Latitude Festival supervisor who will do their best to accommodate your request.
- We try to be as fair as possible when allocating shifts, everyone volunteering with us at Latitude Festival gets at least two of the main festival afternoons or evenings off.
- If you'd like to find out more about how Latitude Festival volunteer shifts are planned please head to the festival volunteer shifts section of our FAQs!
The festival volunteering community
If you'd like to hear and see more from those who have volunteered at Latitude Festival with us in the past please head to our festival community!
On our festival community pages you can get an idea of what it's like to volunteer at Latitude Festival with Hotbox Events by browsing our Latitude Festival photo galleries, hear from volunteers who have joined us by watching some Latitude Festival volunteer interviews, chat with returning and new volunteers in our festival forum, and read feedback from volunteers who have joined on our volunteer feedback page!
Questions about volunteering at Latitude Festival
Try our FAQ as lots of questions are answered in there!
If you would like to drop us an email its email@example.com
You can reach our office by phone on the numbers below...
Tel: 01252849600 (UK) select option 2 for Hotbox Events
Tel: +441252849600 (International) select option 2 for Hotbox Events
Volunteering at Latitude 2015 was one of the best experiences I've ever had. The shift schedule meant that we could see a lot of great acts, plus the staff showers, water points and camping ground were very convenient!
I went with my flatmate and we formed a close group with about 10 other volunteers who we called our "Festival Fam". It was 5 days of non-stop laughing, dancing, singing, embarrassing-story-telling (and a little bit of drinking). The time flew and though we were sad to leave each other we were very much ready to go home and sleep in our beds haha.
We've kept in touch and since and have made a pact to reunite the Festival Fam for Latitude 2016.
Thanks to Hotbox for this opportunity. Highly recommend.