2017 Hotbox Events Festival Staff and Volunteer Lift Sharing Topic

• 5.1K Views
  • Last Post 21 August 2017
Mark posted this 18 February 2017

What is lift sharing?

The idea of festival lift sharing is to meet with others who are heading in the same direction, usually in a car, and travel together.

You save on fuel costs and help protect the environment!

In previous years, many of our festival staff and volunteers have arranged to share lifts via the Hotbox Events Forum so please do try and travel together whenever possible and spread the word!

How to arrange to share a lift?

If you are offering a lift, please post a message in this forum including:

• Which festival you are travelling to
  • Where you are travelling from, or can meet up
  • How many spaces you have in your vehicle
  • When you are travelling

E.g. "I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, passing London, travelling to Latitude Festival, I have two spaces in my car"

If you are requesting a lift, please post a message in this forum including:

• Which festival you are travelling to
  • Where you are travelling from, or can meet up
  • How many spaces you need e.g. just you, or for friends too
  • When you are travelling

E.g. "I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, passing London, travelling to Latitude Festival, with one friend"

How to contact people about lift sharing?

You can contact people from the Hotbox Events forum; if you click on someone's username next to one of their posts you will be taken to the user's forum profile where you can click ‘Message Me’. This is a good way to work out details such as times and locations.

Best of luck finding your 2017 festival lift!

• Liked by
  • Nicki
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Gdaisyp posted this 05 May 2017

Hi,

I will be driving to Download on the Wednesday from near Southampton. I have one space in my car, so if anyone from wants a lift from around that area or anywhere nearby along the route let me know!

ffion_parker posted this 07 May 2017

Hey
I will be travelling to Reading and I am looking to car share. I'm going alone from South Wales but can use public transport to get somewhere where it would be easier to get a lift. I am hoping to head up on the 22nd but I am fine with also heading up on the 23rd

Pennie posted this 10 May 2017

Hey, I'm looking for a lift to V Festival on the 17th. I live in Reading, but more than happy to meet somewhere in between the route if preferred. Thanks

ashort posted this 15 May 2017

Hi all. Hope everyone is well!

I want to head to Download on Wednesday evening from London.
If anyone is driving and has space in car - would be great to car share - can contribute.

Many thanks,

Aaron

EmmaLou posted this 19 May 2017

My boyfriend and I are traveling to Download from Kent via Cambridge (to drop off the dog) on Tuesday 6th. We have space in the car if anyone would like to jump in and put some money towards fuel costs

Chloevolunteer posted this 22 May 2017

would really appreciate it if I could jump in, have private messaged you

Miniwoo posted this 25 May 2017

Driving to Download from Newport, South Wales on Wednesday 7th. Room for 1 possibly squeeze in 2

• Liked by
  • A.Smiffy
Peteriley94 posted this 27 May 2017

Hi all, looking to possibly geg a lift to Download from Leicester? It's pretty close if anyone's passing through, obviously happy to chip in for fuel etc thanks!

A.Smiffy posted this 27 May 2017

Hi Miniwoo,

Will you be traveling through North Wales (Wrexham) by any chance? I am also going to Download and would be happy to provide fuel costs for a lift?

EDIT: I can meet in Neport (as Wrexham is quite far from Newport) if you still have space?

• Liked by
  • Miniwoo
Kaiteeboo posted this 28 May 2017

@EmmaLou Hiya what part of Kent are you travelling from?

Miniwoo posted this 28 May 2017

Hi Miniwoo,

Will you be traveling through North Wales (Wrexham) by any chance? I am also going to Download and would be happy to provide fuel costs for a lift?

EDIT: I can meet in Neport (as Wrexham is quite far from Newport) if you still have space?

Hey A.Smiffy 
Not travelling through North Wales unfortunatley but drop me a private message and we'll see if we can find somewhere I could pick you up?

ephracharlton posted this 29 May 2017

Hi, I'm from Brighton and, my friend and I are looking to get a lift to Reading on the 23rd of August (and back if possible). We can get to london or nearby easily and are happy to contribute to petrol cost as well as bringing snacks and solid tunes. Message me if you're heading that way and fancy some company - we'd be very grateful. Many thanks, Ephra x

ashort posted this 29 May 2017

What time you going from Newport? (If you still have space that is :-))

krisk91 posted this 29 May 2017

Hey! I'll be driving to download from Manchester on Tuesday 6th or Wednesday 7th (depending on the shift allocation), and then driving back on Monday 12th. If anyone wants to lift share and split the costs then message me

• Liked by
  • muoncore
Dunky posted this 29 May 2017

NORTHAMPTON TO DOWNLOAD - up to 3 spaces

Hi, 

I'm driving from Northampton (probably) on Tuesday, aiming to get there between 12:00 and 14:00 (or early Wed if I don't get a Wednesday shift).

Return depends entirely on shifts but most likely leaving (EARLY) Monday morning.

Anyone looking for a lift from N'ton let me know - Happy to collect from Northampton train station if that helps anyone.

sfurr posted this 30 May 2017

Hi

Is anyone from Hampshire travelling to Download Festival on Tuesday to be there in time for the 7.00pm briefing?

• I am looking for one space and can get a train to a pick up point if that is easier.  I can split petrol and would like to come back on Monday.
  • Sam
  • (I live in Christchuch)

Sonja_liv@yahoo.co.uk posted this 30 May 2017

I'm driving from Wychwood festival, Cheltenham to download. Can offer a lift.

Hannahrwillow posted this 30 May 2017

Heyyy guys! I'm looking to catch a lift with someone from Sunderland to Download (I'm also happy to travel to Leeds/Manchester area and jump in the rest of the journey). I'll be travelling on Tuesday 6th and returning on Monday 12th. Share travel expenses.

Hannah x

🙌☮️

• Liked by
  • teh_hp
cwyz posted this 31 May 2017

Hi, I'm Cecilia and I've been put in Bravo 1  

1) Is anyone driving from Central London to Download on Wednesday? I'm happy to chip in £15 for petrol. 

2) Is anyone driving from Download to Central London/East London on Sunday night or very early in the morning on Monday? I need to get to work on Monday. I'm happy to pay £25 for this ride. 

Cheers and happy festivalling!

oneokrock posted this 31 May 2017

Molly from Charlie 1...anyone wanna help me from Ashby de la Zouch/Coalville? Deadass like...a 10 minute drive

Just-gwen18 posted this 01 June 2017

Hey I'm from Bedford and i am looking to get a lift to Reading for the 22nd of August (and back if possible) I'm a first timer festival goer and would love to travel with some cool people and am happy to travel to somewhere easier for pick up and chips in for the fuel. Drop me a message if you are heading that way, it's be highly appreciated

Thank you, Gwen ✌xx

first-timer #Reading #solo

teh_hp posted this 02 June 2017

Hi guys, Still waiting on a position offer but I'd thought I'd post this, coming from Newcastle area so if anyone is wanting a lift let me know.

teh_hp posted this 02 June 2017

Heyyy guys! I'm looking to catch a lift with someone from Sunderland to Download (I'm also happy to travel to Leeds/Manchester area and jump in the rest of the journey). I'll be travelling on Tuesday 6th and returning on Monday 12th. Share travel expenses. Hannah x 🙌☮️

Hi Hannah, I'm coming from Newcastle so I could pick you up, still waiting on a position offer cus I only applied yesterday ( chances are I'll get on tho, hopefully haha)

Gdaisyp posted this 03 June 2017

I still have a space in my car if anyone wants it.

I will be heading to Download on Wednesday from near Southampton, I am willing to pick people up from along the route.

zilters posted this 03 June 2017

Anyone able to give me a lift to Download from Brighton (or nearby)? Need to head up on the 6th (Tues) and back to Brighton on the 12th. Petrol money etc. I can also teach you how to brew beer and speak French

Ali

zilters posted this 05 June 2017

Change of plan: I'll now be driving up. PM me if you want a lift from Brighton or the surrounding areas, or anywhere en route

lloydajn posted this 05 June 2017

@Miniwoo

Driving to Download from Newport, South Wales on Wednesday 7th. Room for 1 possibly squeeze in 2

I will be in cardiff from tuesday night and can get to newport too if that helps, have sent you a PM too. can contribute to expenses too.

Thanks,

Lloyd

Just-gwen18 posted this 05 June 2017

Hey I'm Gwen and it's my first time volunteering at a festival and will be going solo. Wondering if anyone can give me a lift from Bedford to Reading, I am Willing travel to somewhere that is easier and share petrol money 😊 ✌

Life48 posted this 17 June 2017

Hi, 

2 of us are traveling from Worthing to Latitude festival, anyone else making the trip, neither of us can drive so a lift with petrol paid for would be sweet.

First time volunteers so I don't know when or where we're supposed to be by when? If anyone could help with that it would be so rad 🏄🤙

Pretty much anywhere South of London, we'll get there.

If there are sadly no solutions, does anyone know the best way to get there? Train or bus. Have railcard if that helps. 

Ilariabass posted this 27 June 2017

Hey everyone

I am looking for a lift for the Festival of Reading on the 23rd of August. I will leave either from London or from Guildford, according to who is available to give me a lift. Happy to share any expense.

Ilaria xx

AJM89 posted this 03 July 2017

I am travelling to V festival from lancashire, I am more than happy to pick someone up anywhere on route to car share?

picklelilley posted this 08 July 2017

Hello!

I can offer a lift for 2 extras with not too much stuff to latitude from London on weds if anyone wants

charlot_m posted this 10 July 2017

Hey! I'm looking to catch a lift from Salisbury to Reading. I just need one seat and that would be brill. 

Thanks!

sgrimes@hotmail.co.uk posted this 21 August 2017

Hi, travelling from North Norfolk on the Wednesday, two or three spaces available, message me if you'd like a lift and you're on route or almost on route  

YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close