• Last Post 01 July 2017
Palmski posted this 26 June 2017

I'm thinking about volunteering (on my own) but am in my 40's .. what's the average age?!

• Liked by
  • Caroaus
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
bakershake posted this 01 July 2017

Almost mid 40's here! Volunteered at Reading for 2 years and this will be my 2nd year volunteering at V (a lot closer to home, I only live about 10 miles away!) Attended both as a punter, but having volunteered would never go back!

Love the Reading line up this year though, but with two children I can't warrant being away two consecutive weeks (oh to be 10 or 20 years younger!!!!!)

Caroaus posted this 28 June 2017

Hi Palmski,

I too am volunteering for the first time and find that I have more miles on the clock than the average. But I take heart, Steve, that at least one other volunteer will have more of life experiences also.

From my vantage point of 54 I strongly disagree, Andy, that early forties can be termed "old codger"! You don't even qualify as middle aged these days. ;-)

So, I am looking forward to hanging out with all the youngsters in their forties and below and having a fabulous time with all.

See you all soon, Caro

• Liked by
  • Comrade L
  • Lgeejay
Palmski posted this 28 June 2017

Hi, Thanks for your replies. I will be hopefully going to Reading Festival. I hope you all have an amazing time at Latitude, you should defo meet up for a drink. I love that

I'm not sure how to direct message as I'm on my phone but you're welcome to message me and il hopefully be able to see it then.

Mad_Cyril posted this 28 June 2017

Kudos Steve..... 43years is a long time between festivals.

Us old buggers should meet up for a drink when we arrive!

Andy

Comrade L posted this 28 June 2017

Hi Palmski.

I'm the wrong side of 60, so everyone else in the world is a youngster to me ( except John Cale )

I'm going on my own.

Latitude will be the 1st major festival that l've attended since 1974, but I thought it well worth a try.

Hope to see you there

Regards

Steve

Mad_Cyril posted this 27 June 2017

Hey Palmski,

Martin hit the nail on the head with his reply.... age really doesn't make that big a difference. I'm early 40's too so that's at least 3 old codgers this year!

Give me a shout on direct message if you want and i'll give you my number so at least that way you have a group to pitch up next to if you end up travelling alone.

Andy

Martin_on_rails posted this 26 June 2017

I can only speak for Latitude - but while I'd say 50% are in the 18-21 age group (probably due to uni vacation time, oh to have that amount of free time again), there's a wide variety of people coming together which makes it such a nice festival.  I even had parent-son camped by me last year, heartening that the different generations can enjoy the same things.  And I've just hit the big 4-0 at the start of the month, my body hasn't given way yet like everyone says it does so I'll still keep on comin...

YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close