Camping gear for Download '18

• 1.4K Views
  • Last Post 02 June 2018
francisbranagan posted this 19 May 2018

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd put this out to the community becasue I am a bit unsure about what to do.

I'm an international student who's only been here for six months. So I don't have any camping gear or anything like that of my own. Straight after Download festival I'm flying out to Russia for the World Cup (awesome I know). 

My problem is that if I buy camping gear I won't have any time to drop it back at my place in Wales. Also I don't really want to take the gear with me because I won't get a chance to use it in Europe for a long time (already planned other stuff/ not festivals). Plus it's just a general burden. 

So I'm wondering is there anyone who has camping gear that they could lend me for the festival? It could be a  spare tent, space in a tent (if you don't find that weird and have the room, I'm a guy by the way and I don't snore), a sleeping bag, lilo (air mattress), sleeping mat. Anything I could use that means its one thing less to buy. I'm happy to buy a meal or drinks or something to compensate, I just really don't want to buy something new to use it once. 

In the end in nothing comes up I'll just donate what I buy (nothing worse than all the stuff left behind after a festival), but I really hope I can at least source a sleeping bag just to save a few pounds. 

Anyway thanks all any help would be much appreciated

• Liked by
  • Just-gwen18
  • Jaaaaason
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Tifn13 posted this 22 May 2018

Hey,

I'm in a similar situation here, I've been in England for only 2 months and I'm leaving in 3, so if I could NOT buy a tent, sleeping bag etc, it would be great... If someone would be nice enough to share their tent with me, they would have my eternal gratitude (and I would of course provide beers and snacks ๐Ÿ˜).

Thanks if anyone ever answer !

francisbranagan posted this 24 May 2018

Hey Tifn. I bit the bullet and bought all my gear. I went online and got it from Argos. 50 pounds all up for a small tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat and a torch. Not too bad. After the fest i think the sleeping mat will be binworthy (cheap as) then i think ill bring the tent with me (packs up pretty small) and then ill give the sleeping bag to a homeless person. So yeah check out Argos

Tifn13 posted this 24 May 2018

Hey ! Yeah, I'll probably end up buying everything too, thanks for the tip !

Just-gwen18 posted this 29 May 2018

Hey I have just bought myself a 4-person tent so would have room if you still need. I also have a 2 person tent you could borrow, but am not sure if I will have it back from a friend in time for the festival ๐Ÿ˜Š

Tifn13 posted this 30 May 2018

Hey! Well if you don't mind sharing a tent with a complete stranger, it would be really nice ! ๐Ÿ˜

• Liked by
  • Just-gwen18
abjayne posted this 30 May 2018

I'm unsure about camping stuff (because I can't even remember what I'm fetching) but have a kettle, stove & cannisters and food that you can borrow and use as well

• Liked by
  • Jersey95A*
Jersey95A* posted this 30 May 2018

I have space for one more in my tent if anyone does need! 

Share with a stranger? WHY NOT

• Liked by
  • Tifn13
Just-gwen18 posted this 30 May 2018

Hey! Why not, going solo so would be nice to meet someone new!!

• Liked by
  • Tifn13
Tifn13 posted this 31 May 2018

I'm unsure about camping stuff (because I can't even remember what I'm fetching) but have a kettle, stove & cannisters and food that you can borrow and use as well

Hey ! Thank you, that's so nice of you ! I have no idea how these things work (first time camper haha), can you tell me what kind of food I can buy please ? >

Jaaaaason posted this 01 June 2018

Hey, I heard that this year there will be a Co-op on the festival site for Download! I would double check though hahaha

Also if itโ€™s like last year, there will be a large communal tent in the Hotbox campsite with a few kettles and even power supplies (bring ur phone charger!)

Just-gwen18 posted this 01 June 2018

Hey! Well if you don't mind sharing a tent with a complete stranger, it would be really nice ! ๐Ÿ˜

Hey, it won't let me private message. So you can contact me on my number 07857978907

kristiina posted this 01 June 2018

yeah there is a co op on the groundsโ˜บ๏ธ

kristiina posted this 01 June 2018

also ill be alone in a tent so if someone needs a space, why the f not๐Ÿ˜‚

Just-gwen18 posted this 02 June 2018

also ill be alone in a tent so if someone needs a space, why the f not๐Ÿ˜‚

Hey are you going solo aswell?

YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close