Download 2017

• 17K Views
  • Last Post 12 June 2017
BeckyP posted this 01 February 2017

Hey thought i'd set up a forum for any Download volunteers! Always good to chat before hand. I've worked with both hotbox and festaff previously over the years it's so much fun!

• Liked by
  • Tommy
  • Dunky
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Alice posted this 17 February 2017

Hi!

First time volunteering and going alone! So excited!

Anybody from abroad? I'm from Italy

• Liked by
  • Tommy
  • A.Smiffy
ULAPYTEL7 posted this 19 February 2017

Hi,

It's also my first time and I am going alone . I am from Poland  

• Liked by
  • Tommy
Josephingell posted this 21 February 2017

What acts do people like in the lineup?

Really excited for Aerosmith and system of a down.

If I miss Aerosmith will probably cry

• Liked by
  • Tommy
  • Becca
BeckyP posted this 28 February 2017

Hey! It will be great to meet everyone!

I am definitely excited for SOAD and A day to remember! I know it's hard to plan before we get our shifts but i hope there's not too many clashes! You been to download before?

• Liked by
  • Tommy
Becca posted this 23 March 2017

Heeeey guys! 

Im also going solo..super excited!Traveling from nottingham but Im from Ireland originally.
I dont think I could miss SOAD ive been waiting since I was 12 to see them haha.

• Liked by
  • Tommy
beccaaa_ox posted this 30 March 2017

Heyy!

It's also my first time and going alone (kind of bricking it....). Excited to meet everyone though! Xx

Monsterseatcake posted this 11 April 2017

Hi. I plan on driving from Cambridge if any wants to split fuel costs with me. 

oneokrock posted this 14 April 2017

Planning on Download for Simple Plan alone! I'll be coming from Hull.

ashort posted this 24 April 2017

Hey all - I'm heading to Download on the Wednesday as part of the Hotbox team! Great line up! Agreed.
Going alone - bought two tickets originally, but my partner isn't able to make it now, so thought I'd volunteer instead - keep me busy!

Is anyone driving from London? I'm willing to chip in for car sharing.

All the best for now!

• Liked by
  • Tommy
  • A.Smiffy
emilyl015 posted this 25 April 2017

Hello! 

I'm heading to Download on Tuesday from Gloucester/ Swindon area with room for one more in my car  

First time going and getting pretty excited! 

Gordon posted this 01 May 2017

Hey Guys,

First time coming to help out, coming alone from Edinburgh, may be driving if anyone wants to share a car.

Looking forward to so many of the bands, especially System, ADTR, Mastadon. The list goes on, also excited for NXT.

AnjaR posted this 02 May 2017

Hi everyone,

I would love to volunteer at Download Festival but I live in Belfast and have no car. So my question, though I guess it's rather unlikely: Is there anyone from Belfast volunteering this year?

Also I wonder if travel expenses are being refunded for volunteers?

Thank you!

Anja

• Liked by
  • Cevo11
JordanLinton posted this 02 May 2017

Hey hey really looking forward to Download, first time at the festival, first time volunteering and going alone!

Anyone driving through/from Bristol and room for one in the car?

Cheers

D3P0 posted this 08 May 2017

Another italian here... From London, first time volunteer and at Dowland festival.. Last 2 years I went to hellfest, in France! We see there to make amazing the festival!

• Liked by
  • Alice
ashort posted this 15 May 2017

As the last shift on Monday will be up until 17:00, I have a problem if that is the case. Buses only leave at 10.00 at the latest. Anyone driving from (and back to) London?

Would be great to sort out a car share for this.

Thanks all!

Aaron

muoncore posted this 16 May 2017

anyone travelling from manchester?

• Liked by
  • krisk91
Edfish posted this 18 May 2017

Hello everyone. I'm looking to jump in someone's car and share petrol costs if anyone is driving from London. Really looking forward to being part of the Hotbox team at Download. Ed

ashort posted this 18 May 2017

Hey EdFish. Good to meet ya. I'm travelling from London too - and am also looking for a car share partner. Looks pretty quiet so far though!

Aaron

oneokrock posted this 20 May 2017

Just asked for my shifts essentially all to be worked around Simple Plan...fingers crossed!

Alice posted this 22 May 2017

Hi guys! Food-related question from an Italian..I guess clichés are true! Ahah

Since I'll be flying to download, I won't be able to bring any cooking utensils or stoves. So I was wondering: do you know if there's a supermarket within walking distance and if there is the possibility of borrowing/renting tools? Not looking for big fancy meals, just "survival" food!  

Alice

sfurr posted this 25 May 2017

Hi!

krisk91 posted this 25 May 2017

I'll be driving from Manchester so I'm willing to give lifts if we share fuel costs

Miniwoo posted this 26 May 2017

Not able to reply directly, but JordanLinton I could pick you up from Patchway station? I'm driving up from Newport.

Tommy posted this 26 May 2017

1st time also from Jersey are you travelling by air r already in uk

Cheers for setting up the page, looking forward to it 1st time volunteering so will be different to see it from the other side

Anyone passing Airport just after 3pm on the wednesday for a short lift

krisk91 posted this 28 May 2017

Hey guys! I'm going to be driving from Manchester so if anyone needs lifts, just give me a message. I'm not 100% sure on when I will be going down and coming back as I haven't been told what shifts I have etc.

BeckyP posted this 28 May 2017

Hey from what i remember last year the supermarket is a little bit of a walk away however people were always driving there and offering out lifts for other people who needed to go

Hi guys! Food-related question from an Italian..I guess clichés are true! Ahah

Since I'll be flying to download, I won't be able to bring any cooking utensils or stoves. So I was wondering: do you know if there's a supermarket within walking distance and if there is the possibility of borrowing/renting tools? Not looking for big fancy meals, just "survival" food!

Alice

• Liked by
  • Alice
BeckyP posted this 28 May 2017

Hey

What time are people hoping to arrive, will be great to meet everyone! fingers crossed everyone gets their shift choices

• Liked by
  • Alice
Miniwoo posted this 28 May 2017

Hey, as early as possible Wednesday for me! Have a feeling it won't be until afternoon though as whatever time I set off I'm likely to hit bad traffic

Hey

What time are people hoping to arrive, will be great to meet everyone! fingers crossed everyone gets their shift choices

smjl posted this 29 May 2017

Hey! I'm volunteering for my first time too this year (alone)  

• Liked by
  • Alice
ashort posted this 29 May 2017

Hi all,

Has anyone been told their shifts yet? I'm still waiting to hear so I can book my train tickets to and from.

Still no word on anyone driving from London?

Aaron

Dunky posted this 30 May 2017

LIFT AVAILABLE FROM NORTHAMPTON.

Hi all, Super excited for my first year volunteering. And all by myself too, though I can't imagine it'll take too long to meet like-minded people at Download!!!

I'm travelling from Northampton and have up to 3 spaces available. Happy to collect from Northampton train station (on the Euston to Birmingham line) if that helps. Plan to travel up on Tuesday (assuming I get the shift I want) and back early Monday (again shift dependent).

D3P0 posted this 30 May 2017

Member of top road team 1!! Yes!! What I wish!

adenbeckitt posted this 30 May 2017

Any idea how "Top Road" differs from the normal dog shifts? 

smjl posted this 30 May 2017

Anyone else in Bravo 1?

Spamfritters94 posted this 30 May 2017

Hi this is my first time volunteering, im doing it alone and im in team charlie 2. Wouldnt mind getting to know some of you beforehand, drop me a message

Spamfritters94 posted this 30 May 2017

Same, what group are you in ?

ashort posted this 31 May 2017

Hey Guys. I've been allocated Top Road 1. Not one of preferences. Struggling to see how I'm gonna get there and back in time. Any ideas?

cwyz posted this 31 May 2017

Hi, I'm Cecilia and I've been put in Bravo 1  

1) Is anyone driving from Central London to Download on Wednesday? I'm happy to chip in £15 for petrol. 

2) Is anyone driving from Download to Central London/East London on Sunday night or very early in the morning on Monday? I need to get to work on Monday. I'm happy to pay £25 for this ride. 

Cheers and happy festivalling!

ashort posted this 31 May 2017

Cecilia, I'm also looking to go from Central/East London at the same time as you (although Wednesday departing after 30pm as its the earliest I can get out). Trains/buses do not accomodate my needs! So tricky!

Tommy posted this 31 May 2017

hi got my shift Delta 1 anyone else the same

• Liked by
  • Alice
  • samgolby
Tommy posted this 31 May 2017

hi Becky  arrive at dl wednesday about 3.30 from airport hope to catch up with some of the teams im in Delta 1

Alice posted this 31 May 2017

Thanks Becky!

• Liked by
  • Tommy
erica posted this 01 June 2017

Hey everyone! So I saw many people looking for lifts from London and just wanted to let you know East Midlands Trains have tickets for £11 St Pancras - East Midlands Parkway (then there's a shuttle to EMA, shouldn't be more than £7). It's cheap and you can get to Donington is about 2 hours! Hope it helps!

• Liked by
  • ashort
ashort posted this 01 June 2017

Erica. Thanks! Booking this up right now.

ale5875 posted this 01 June 2017

Another fellow Italian here! First time at Download, I'm in team Echo 1. Excited to see Moose Blood and System of a Down among others, and to know many of you. 

• Liked by
  • Alice
Alice posted this 01 June 2017

Wow, there are more italians than I expected! Are you leaving from Italy? I'll fly from Bergamo to East Midlands on tuesday!

ale5875 posted this 01 June 2017

Italians are everywhere, haha. I'm leaving from Malpensa to Stansted on the 6th, I'll spend an afternoon and a night in nearby Nottingham, and then I'll get to the festival site on Wednesday. Which team are you in?

Kaiteeboo posted this 01 June 2017

Does anyone know if you can swap shifts? I'm in ECHO 1

zilters posted this 03 June 2017

Anyone able to give me a lift to Download from Brighton (or nearby)? Need to head up on the 6th (Tues) and back to Brighton on the 12th. Petrol money etc. I can also teach you how to brew beer and speak French

Ali

crawf123 posted this 03 June 2017

Hi,

I am travelling from West London, I can do pickup from around Heathrow. I have space for two.

It's my first time at volunteering and first time at Download, I am in CHARLIE 2.

zilters posted this 05 June 2017

Change of plan: I'll now be driving up. PM me if you want a lift from Brighton or the surrounding areas, or anywhere en route

Lingxin posted this 05 June 2017

Hi guys,

I'll be coming from Liverpool by train on Wednesday. First time solo, volunteering and first time to a UK festival (I'm from Germany). I'm in Echo 1. Looking forward to meet you guys!

Caticorn posted this 05 June 2017

Hi, anyone going to Download on Wednesday from Bristol and has space in their car? I need a lift.

ashort posted this 07 June 2017

Sun is out. Let's hope it stays out!
Looking forward to seeing everyone later.

Aaron

• Liked by
  • Tommy
Tommy posted this 07 June 2017

Great to here arrive at east midlands at 3.05 ,should be there for 4 ,hope to bump in to you at sme point \m/

Tommy posted this 12 June 2017

Thank you all for a great Download , met some good people hope you all got / get home save and until next year stay safe \m/

YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close