Download/Reading 2018

• Last Post 04 June 2018
Chikiller posted this 17 April 2018

Hi all,

Me and my friend are volunteering for the first time for both download and reading festival!

For anyone who has done this before, can they tell me what sort of stuff they do and if you were able to meet/make any new friends while volunteering there.

Also might be able to lift share depending what dates I get for shifts!

Thanks

• Liked by
  • Just-gwen18
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Roryjacksonn posted this 24 April 2018

Unsure about Download. But in Reading, essentially patrolling campsite, helping people with bags, directions, if any problems occur e.g. medical situations, fights etc. Then you radio for trained security staff. Or if you are up a fire tower then looking out for potential fires (obviously not a barbeque, but maybe an unattended campfire) and radioing your other dude (at the bottom of the fire tower with an extinguisher) to check it and maybe put it out. Hope it helps!πŸ€™

• Liked by
  • Chikiller
kristiina posted this 25 May 2018

hey, im doing both festivals as well by myself. Also for the first time. Im from cardiff . ☺️

Just-gwen18 posted this 30 May 2018

Hey I am doing download solo for the first time, did reading last year first time so this will be my second!!

Reading is essentially customer service really, giving directions, helping set up tents, carry stuff and patrolling. I went solo and a made some friends there which was awesome as I was worried about that!!

You will enjoy it I reckon, it is what you make it really. 😊

• Liked by
  • Chikiller
Jaaaaason posted this 01 June 2018

Hey, I volunteered last year

At Download it was pretty easy to make new friends, everyone is friendly and you kind of have no choice during the 8 hour long shifts haha.

Last year there was also a large communal tent at the Hotbox campsite where lots of people hung out and just chatted, played cards and drank tea!

PoppyG posted this 04 June 2018

Is anyone here working instead of volunteering at Download? Looking forward to meeting some of you! Poppy x

YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close