Festival Season 2012!

• 3.1K Views
  • Last Post 07 March 2012
jojo posted this 07 March 2012

I thought I'd breathe some life back into the forum now that this year's applications have gone live and we all start counting down the days!

So who is doing what festivals and which are you most looking forward too (work-wise and punter-wise if you like)?

I was planning on making my first appearance at Big Chill but that has been scuppered for this year while it has a holiday. Hopefully going to make it to my beloved Leeds as usual and eagerly awaiting next week's announcement but the Latitude line-up isn't doing much for me at the moment.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Morton39 posted this 08 March 2012

I'm undecided this year. If I work Latitude then I must have Saturday night off to see Richard Hawley (local lad) and Elbow but that's all. May just put it on hold for this year. Still mulling it over.

thw6 posted this 12 March 2012

I'm working at Reading + Latitude again :)

Martin_on_rails posted this 24 March 2012

The 2012 plan for me so far is:

Beat-herder (possibly)
Latitude (confirmed with Hotbox)
Solfest or Leeds (both on same weekend, neither confirmed)
Bestival (ticket bought)

There doesn't seem to be many unique performances this year on the festival circuit, especially at Leeds where the Foos and Kasabian have headlined many other festivals before.

andytt469 posted this 30 March 2012

Is it ok to volunteer on your own? My friends might be coming but I'm just wondering if many people do it on their own

RestricteD posted this 31 March 2012

Andy loads of people do it on there own so you won't be alone.

LizzyT posted this 13 April 2012

Andy,

I have signed up on my own for both Latitude and Leeds, so you wouldn't be the only one!

I am quite nervous though!

BeckyP posted this 17 April 2012

Hey i've applied on my own too i'm also a bit nervous but i'm glad i've found others who have decided to do it :)

thw6 posted this 20 April 2012

Ditto I'm travelling on my own but will prob meet up with people who did it last year

thw6 posted this 20 April 2012

*thats to Latitude/Reading

BeckyP posted this 23 April 2012

i'm doing leeds this year :)

TomMack posted this 26 April 2012

Andy i am on my own so just be as worried as i am.

bryonyyy posted this 26 April 2012

I'm working Leeds and Latitude festivals and don't know anyone who's going for either of them. Very nervous but so so excited! :)

Amymeister posted this 16 May 2012

Festival season is nearly upon us girls and boys.

My season is heavily consisting of being a punter ....... which is a first for me. My normal punter/working ratio is 4-1 working at best. This year I'm going as a filthy punter to 3 fests and hopefully working 2!

Download (punter)
Latitude (working)
Kendal Calling (punter)
Bloodstock (punter)
Leeds (working)

Only 3 weeks to go to Download too :-D

Hello and welcome to all the newbies and especially the people coming on their own. Don't worry. Coming on your own doesn't mean you'll be alone for very long when you work with Hotbox! This will be my 7th year with Hotbox and I have met some fantastic people. Every year I technically come to Latitude on my own but in reality, I'm simply meeting up with friends old and new.

iBeConnor posted this 17 May 2012

I'm going to finally bite the bullet and apply for Reading and Latitude by myself, thanks to all you amazing people admitting you are also going by yourself! Can't wait =)

barbsy posted this 17 May 2012

Hey all! I've just finally applied to volunteer at Latitude - none of my friends could join me for various reasons, so I'll be going on my own. A bit nervous, but hopefully I make some new friends :)

anyway, I'm going from London - is anyone driving from down here? how would I go about finding a car share?

Amymeister posted this 17 May 2012

Hi Barbsy, there is a lift sharing thread here on the forum. Keep an eye out to see if there is anyone going from your area who is offering lifts. Alternatively, pop a post on the thread asking for a lift.

lizzjack posted this 20 May 2012

Can't wait to be back at Leeds Festival this year. I found out a work firend from another store was going so gave here a lift on my first year. Since then I have gone by myself, and I knew all the firends I made the year before where all going to be there!! So I am back again this year not only to see my old friends but also to make new ones as well.

The line up this year doesn't look bad. Just make sure you are prepared for all weathers!!!!

Amymeister posted this 22 May 2012

Huzzah. My shifts for Latitude have been confirmed! I'll be rocking the night shift all week long! That means lots of sugar and some sleep deprived madness for me :-D

Only 2 weeks till Download, the sun is finally shining (and better bloody well stick around) and I'm getting very excited about festival season!

TomMack posted this 26 May 2012

Somehow my brain can't grasp the concept that it will have to walk, jump, dance, sing, shout and run around the festivals in the day and then manage to stay awake in the night. Then rinse and repeat! Maybe there is a secret tactic like blowing on your thumb or something, or will i find out when i get there?

Amymeister posted this 29 May 2012

Staying up uber late on the first couple of nights before it all kicks off and the shifts start helps. Going to bed wearing an eye mask and ear plugs directly after shift also helps. I don't recommend sleeping in the evening before shift though, makes you groggy.

I've been rocking the week long night shift a few times for Hotbox and generally find I go slightly mad by the final shift. Plenty of fuel for the body in the form of snacks and water helps. Oh and plenty of sugar!

Show More Posts
YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close