2013 Hotbox Events Festivals Lift Sharing Topic

• 9.5K Views
  • Last Post 11 March 2013
Mark posted this 11 March 2013

What is lift sharing?

The idea is to meet with others who are heading in the same direction, usually in a car, and travel together. Meaning you save on fuel costs and help the environment!

In previous years many of our festival and event volunteers have arranged to share lifts via the Hotbox Events Forum ' please do try and travel together whenever possible.

How to arrange to share a lift?

If you are offering a lift post a message in this topic including:

â?¢ Where you are going
â?¢ Where you are coming from
â?¢ How many spaces you have
â?¢ When you are going

E.g. \"I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival, I have two spaces in my car.\"

If you are requesting a lift post a message in this topic including:

â?¢ Where you are going
â?¢ Where you are coming from
â?¢ How many spaces you're looking for
â?¢ When you are going

E.g. \"I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival with one friend.\"

If you can't find a lift from someone on the forums you could also try:

â?¢ https://www.liftshare.com\">www.liftshare.org
â?¢ http://www.freewheelers.co.uk\">www.freewheelers.co.uk

How to contact people about lift sharing?

You can contact people from the Hotbox Events forum; if you click on someone's username next to one of their posts you will be taken to the user's forum profile where you can click \"Click to send an E-Mail\".

This is a good way to work out details such as times and locations.

Please note you'll need to have posted a few times otherwise the forum won't let you send messages!

Best of luck finding your lift!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Brionytaylor12 posted this 18 March 2013

hi i'm going leeds and i need a lift/ or a train companion. from darwen,blackburn,bolton,preson, manchester area. or even a lift from leeds train station to the site would be nice message me for details :)

brightonmilly posted this 23 March 2013

Hi I'll be volunteering at Latitude (first time volunteering or at the festival!) I'm from Brighton but happen to be staying in London that week - looking for a lift on Weds ideally from SE London but could meet elsewhere. Thanks! Milly

Fflo posted this 27 March 2013

Im going to Reading from Swansea if anyones got space or fancies traveling together on train if not :).

detta posted this 27 March 2013

Anyone going from London to Reading and got space?

htalbot posted this 27 March 2013

Hi everyone, I'm volunteering at Latitude this year - I'm from Leeds and looking to get a lift from someone. I could travel to surrounding areas (e.g. Sheffield) and will naturally provide a contribution towards fuel costs (and maybe some baked goods - not that I'm attempting bribery). Thanks!

lara.c posted this 30 March 2013

Hey, does anyone from london have space for two, going on tuesday to reading?

Fraser Posford posted this 05 April 2013

Hey everyone, I'm volunteering at Leeds Festival this year and I plan to be heading to site on Wednesday 21st for the first briefing. I am coming from Stockport (south east Greater Manchester area for those who don't know) with one of my friends potentially so I should have one extra space in my car. I would have more space but due to all the kit and what not, I doubt there will be room for any more than one, it's not a big car! If you're interested then send me an e-mail on: fposford94@gmail.com

Really looking forward to Leeds again this year, the only thing keeping me going through these exams is the thought of summer!

silverdawn posted this 08 April 2013

Hey! I too am coming up from London (not sure which dates yet!), would be great to catch a lift with someone (I'd chip in for fuel of course!). Or it would be cool to get the train/coach with someone :) just let me know!

SamBuca posted this 11 April 2013

Hi all,

I've just been confirmed for Latitude and will be driving up from Kent so can possibly give lifts to people from Kent/Essex & SE London (depending where you are).
PM me if you want to sort something out.

Sam

am.bra posted this 11 April 2013

Detta, Silverdawn I live in London too! But no car, sorry :) I'm going by train unless someone turns up with a seat for me in a car!

detta posted this 15 April 2013

oh all right. maybe we could go by train together if you don't find someone who can give you a ride. are you going on your own?

SamBuca posted this 16 April 2013

Where in London do you all live?

silverdawn posted this 18 April 2013

We could do that, it would be nice to go up to reading with someone! I'm in SE London

SamBuca posted this 18 April 2013

I think I am picking someone up from the Charlton area on the way through if that is any good to you? I have room for one more, just waiting for shifts to be confirmed to see if it will be Tuesday or Wednesday we go.

am.bra posted this 18 April 2013

Yeah sure! We can keep in touch for that! I'm going alone and you? I live in North London, definitely too far from you XD

Elena posted this 18 April 2013

Hi Sam,

I live in Eltham, and also going to volunteer for the Latitude :-) do you still have a spare seat for me in your car? ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by SamBuca
Hi all,

I've just been confirmed for Latitude and will be driving up from Kent so can possibly give lifts to people from Kent/Essex & SE London (depending where you are).
PM me if you want to sort something out.

Sam

SamBuca posted this 19 April 2013

I'll PM you Elena. :-)

detta posted this 22 April 2013

great, if we go by train together, we all need to meet up at paddington station right?

silverdawn posted this 25 April 2013

detta, yup paddington is the one

PurpleHayze posted this 01 May 2013

Hey, just been confirmed for Reading =D.... I'll be driving up from Tadworth in Surrey on the Tuesday morning. I have room for one, pos two people..can't fit much in my little fiesta! Also, I'm a smoker ( yup, bad for you, I know!) so if this bothers you it would be an uncomfortable journey for all involved!

Show More Posts
YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close