2014 Hotbox Festival Volunteers Lift Sharing Topic

• 13K Views
  • Last Post 23 April 2014
Mark posted this 23 April 2014

What is lift sharing?

The idea is to meet with others who are heading in the same direction, usually in a car, and travel together. Meaning you save on fuel costs and help the environment!

In previous years many of our festival and event volunteers have arranged to share lifts via the Hotbox Events Forum ' please do try and travel together whenever possible.

How to arrange to share a lift?

If you are offering a lift post a message in this topic including:

â?¢ Where you are going
â?¢ Where you are coming from
â?¢ How many spaces you have
â?¢ When you are going

E.g. \"I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival, I have two spaces in my car.\"

If you are requesting a lift post a message in this topic including:

â?¢ Where you are going
â?¢ Where you are coming from
â?¢ How many spaces you're looking for
â?¢ When you are going

E.g. \"I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival with one friend.\"

If you can't find a lift from someone on the forums you could also try:

â?¢ www.liftshare.org
â?¢ www.freewheelers.co.uk

How to contact people about lift sharing?

You can contact people from the Hotbox Events forum; if you click on someone's username next to one of their posts you will be taken to the user's forum profile where you can click \"Click to send an E-Mail\".

This is a good way to work out details such as times and locations.

Please note you'll need to have posted a few times otherwise the forum won't let you send messages!

Best of luck finding your lift!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Stretch_james posted this 14 May 2014

Hey I'm heading up in my vw polo from Ipswich via a14 and a1 so if your on the route I can take 3 people. One bag per person plus tent or you could share with me as I'm taking a 6 man tent with me. All I'm asking for is 20 to cover my fuel.
Hopefully it will be an amazing weekend and make some new friends [:)]
Stretch

Stretch_james posted this 14 May 2014

quote:
Originally posted by Stretch_james
Hey I'm heading up in my vw polo from Ipswich via a14 and a1 so if your on the route I can take 3 people. One bag per person plus tent or you could share with me as I'm taking a 6 man tent with me. All I'm asking for is 20 to cover my fuel.
Hopefully it will be an amazing weekend and make some new friends [:)]
Stretch

I'm going up there from the 20th and staying the whole hog

louisemorgan62 posted this 16 May 2014

Hey, Im driving from South wales to Reading, leaving Wednesday morning, staying the whole weekend, leaving monday. If anyone wants to share a lift with me, I only have a small car but can pick up another 2 people, I can pick you up on route.. all I ask is to split the petrol with me! :)

Louise

spangleworthy posted this 22 May 2014

Hi guys!
I live in London and I'm volunteering at Latitude Festival.
I'd love to grab a lift with someone if anyone has a spare seat. I'm happy to contribute for petrol, and make some new friends.
Cheers!

bags666 posted this 23 May 2014

I'm going to Latitude and Leeds from Chesterfield

wesap posted this 28 May 2014

I'm driving to Leeds from Liverpool, stopping off near preston so if 2 people need a lift that is on the way/ near to where I'll be driving through let me know

airiin94 posted this 29 May 2014

Hey wesap! I am going from Manchester, but there is no problem for me to get from Manchester to Liverpool. So, can I join you?

Jodiegill94 posted this 29 May 2014

quote:
Originally posted by louisemorgan62
Hey, Im driving from South wales to Reading, leaving Wednesday morning, staying the whole weekend, leaving monday. If anyone wants to share a lift with me, I only have a small car but can pick up another 2 people, I can pick you up on route.. all I ask is to split the petrol with me! :)

Louise

Hey I'm travelling from port talbot up to readig, I'd love to car share with you and chip in for petrol of course! Let me know by email jodiee_gill@hotmail.co.uk

Mell_Gould posted this 30 May 2014

hey there. I'm going to Latitude from near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk. If anyone else is coming from near here would I be able to get a lift with them please? Obviously I'll contribute to petrol etc. I could potentially drive as well, but my car is pretty small. Thanks!

wesap posted this 31 May 2014

quote:
Originally posted by airiin94
Hey wesap! I am going from Manchester, but there is no problem for me to get from Manchester to Liverpool. So, can I join you?

Sure my names Adam Weston if you want to add me on Facebook so we can sort it out?

airiin94 posted this 01 June 2014

quote:
Originally posted by wesap
quote:
Originally posted by airiin94

Sure my names Adam Weston if you want to add me on Facebook so we can sort it out?

I can't find you on Facebook, since there are so many Adam Westons. Can you add me instead?

wesap posted this 04 June 2014

Sure, what's your name?

holliejrees posted this 06 June 2014

hi @Wesap - do you still have two seats in your car or is it just the one now? very interested in a lift for me and my friend from preston if at all possible. thanks a lot, hollie [:I]

Joannaucz posted this 10 June 2014

quote:
Originally posted by lizt84
I am also going to Leeds and that would be a similar deal! Get in touch if interested as it is a bit boring travelling alone

Hello @liz
t84 I am interested in lift sharing to Leeds from Leicester if you sill have space in your car for 2 of us ð??? I could add you on Facebook to sort things out? Xxx

wesap posted this 10 June 2014

quote:
Originally posted by holliejrees
hi @Wesap - do you still have two seats in your car or is it just the one now? very interested in a lift for me and my friend from preston if at all possible. thanks a lot, hollie [:I]

Hey hollie, I've still got two seats in my car if you still need a lift, add me on facebook my names adam weston im the one playing a guitar in the pp and we can sort it out

liz_t84 posted this 12 June 2014

quote:
Originally posted by Joannaucz
quote:
Originally posted by lizt84
I am also going to Leeds and that would be a similar deal! Get in touch if interested as it is a bit boring travelling alone

Hello @liz
t84 I am interested in lift sharing to Leeds from Leicester if you sill have space in your car for 2 of us ð??? I could add you on Facebook to sort things out? Xxx

That should be fine! Add me on facebook or email me. Sorry about the slow reply!

airiin94 posted this 13 June 2014

quote:
Originally posted by wesap
Sure, what's your name?

It's written on my profile ;)

eloisimo posted this 14 June 2014

hey, i'm volunteering at latitude this year, so excited but not really thought about travel!
Is anyone coming from manchester/leeds? (or anywhere up north really cos i don't mind getting the bus to where you are!)
i'm working Delta so don't have to be there on tuesday or anything, but will be working until 9am on monday.
It'd be lovely to be able to share a lift with somebody and make new friends! i'm willing to contribute towards petrol and maybe even bake cookies for the journey! :)

bags666 posted this 14 June 2014

Eloisimo, I am travelling from Chesterfield if this helps

Mell_Gould posted this 14 June 2014

Anyone from near Bury/Colchester/Ipswich? I live half an hour away from all three.
Eloisimo, I'm also working Delta!

Show More Posts
YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close