leeds fest 2012

• 5.6K Views
  • Last Post 20 April 2012
BeckyP posted this 20 April 2012

Hi i'm doing leeds fest this year and volunteering on my own, just wondered if anyone else is also doing it? [:)]

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
BeckyP posted this 23 April 2012

thank you :)

noodle_1987 posted this 24 April 2012

Hi, my names Fran and i'm gunna be volunteering at leeds this year most likely on my own too :)

TomTom posted this 01 May 2012

On my own aswell I believe. Really looking forward to it

TomMack posted this 03 May 2012

Yes hopefully it will be great. Not sure what the night shifts are going to be like though, i get grumpy in the early hours >:D

steatk posted this 16 May 2012

I might be going on my own, but trying to convince my cousin to sign up as well :-)
1st time volunteering but have been to the festival many times before

Also thinking of volunteering at Latitude, but will be on my own and 1st time going there. Need to hurry up and make my mind up. lol

jojo posted this 16 May 2012

Night shifts are alright at Leeds if you're in the busier campsites because there are some really drunk people to entertain you until about 6am when they finally fall down somewhere and go to sleep. But you do get pretty sleepy between 6 and 8. Then at 8 you realise it's only an hour until bed time and you perk up and some people start getting up again to try and beat the shower queues.

So as long as you have good clothing to keep you warm and dry you'll be fine!

Amymeister posted this 17 May 2012

Sweets are the answer to a night shift. Lots and lots of sweets. Buzz your way through till 9am :-)

BeckyP posted this 21 May 2012

hey it's good to know i won't be the only one turning up on my own :) I'm getting excited already let's hope the weather stays nice this year, was anyone there last year?

jojo posted this 21 May 2012

i was there last year, surprised i'm not still stuck in the mud on blue hill tbh!

Abby93 posted this 24 May 2012

Hi I'm also volunteering on my own, was feeling nervous before I saw that there is quite a lot of people doing this. :)

Jeremy_Smith_ posted this 16 June 2012

Can anyone who's volunteered before say what the staff toilets / showers are like that us volunteers get to use? I've been to Leeds festival before just in the normal camping part and I'm hoping that they're considerably better than there (they can't be any worse)! Thanks :)

Mark posted this 16 June 2012

Far better. Last year the staff toilets at Leeds Festival were a new type, bigger and they actually flushed!

The showers are good too, generally clean and hot.

jojo posted this 18 June 2012

the toilets last year were a bit too good, every time i went they seemed to be getting cleaned so i had to wait!

Amymeister posted this 18 June 2012

In general, the camping and toilet/shower facilities for staff are a million times better than punter camping! Even at their worst! I have to admit, after 6+ years working at Leeds festival, I feel quite spoiled and I doubt I'll ever go to Leeds as a punter again!

BeckyP posted this 18 June 2012

im so glad people have replied to this thread? what day do we go down is it tuesday or wednesday? im quite nervous when it comes to meeting new people but i presume alot of people are in the same boat? i have a couple of questions... my dad is dropping me off is there a special place to get dropped off? as i wont have an official ticket, do we leave sunday or monday? and where abouts is the staff camping area relative to the arena? thanks :D

Mark posted this 18 June 2012

You're welcome to arrive at Leeds Festival from midday on the Tuesday, you need to be onsite by 16:00 on the Wednesday at the latest. Once the Leeds shifts are in PAAM if you choose to work a Wednesday shift you may need to arrive on the Tuesday.

You can either get dropped off at Yellow or Blue gate. All the info will be in the info pack which you'll be able to download via Hotbox Events PAAM a few weeks before the festival.

You don't need to leave until the Monday. You may have a shift on the Monday, the latest you'll be working on the Monday is 16:00.

Leeds staff camping isn't far from the arena - about a 5 minute walk. Sort of behind and to the right of the main stage.

W8oj posted this 24 July 2012

Hi, I am also volunteering by myself this year after my friend changed his plans. Was hoping to get to know some people in a similar situation before I get down :)

BRONTE posted this 24 July 2012

Hi guys, we have so many people coming on their own.
Over the past 6 years i have worked here i am still amazed at how friendly our groups are.
You will not be alone for long. X

See you all there! :D

BeckyP posted this 26 July 2012

heyy have people looked at the shift slots that are available? i put alpha 1 as my first choice did anyone else? i cant believe its next month! :)

Alli734 posted this 26 July 2012

Alright guys, i'm coming on my own from Leicestershire, I live 5 minutes off the M1, so if anyone coming from down south has a spare seat in there car, it would be very much appreciated??? I would chip in for petrol, plus a few beers to sweeten the deal...

Show More Posts
YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close