Official 2012 Hotbox Events Lift Sharing Topic

• 11K Views
  • Last Post 13 April 2012
Mark posted this 13 April 2012

What is lift sharing?

The idea is to meet with others who are heading in the same direction, usually in a car, and travel together. Meaning you save on fuel costs and help the environment!

In previous years many of our festival and event volunteers have arranged to share lifts via the Hotbox Events Forum ' please do try and travel together whenever possible.

How to arrange to share a lift?

If you are offering a lift post a message in this topic including:

â?¢ Where you are going
â?¢ Where you are coming from
â?¢ How many spaces you have
â?¢ When you are going

E.g. \"I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival, I have two spaces in my car.\"

If you are requesting a lift post a message in this topic including:

â?¢ Where you are going
â?¢ Where you are coming from
â?¢ How many spaces you're looking for
â?¢ When you are going

E.g. \"I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival with one friend.\"

If you can't find a lift from someone on the forums you could also try:

â?¢ https://www.liftshare.com\">www.liftshare.org
â?¢ http://www.freewheelers.co.uk\">www.freewheelers.co.uk

How to contact people about lift sharing?

You can contact people from the Hotbox Events forum; if you click on someone's username next to one of their posts you will be taken to the user's forum profile where you can click \"Click to send an E-Mail\".

This is a good way to work out details such as times and locations.

Best of luck finding your lift!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
LizzyT posted this 13 April 2012

Hi,

I am volunteering at Latitude and Leeds festivals. I will be travelling from Leicestershire and would be able to give lifts to two people for either festival. Contact me if you are local to me or think I could collect you on the way. I would obviously expect contributions for fuel in return.

Morton39 posted this 15 April 2012

I'll be driving to Latitude from south side of Sheffield on Tuesday 10 July and would love some company, male or female. Live locally or on the way down, then PM me.
Plenty of room for one passenger, two is do-able sharing the backseat with luggage (sorry, it's a small car and I do not travel light!).

TomMack posted this 23 April 2012

Morton39 Hello i am looking for a lift to Latitude, just me by myself from Sheffield. I am a student who is volunteering but has no one to go with. I can pay petrol money if you need, and am good company!

chloe12 posted this 24 April 2012

I'll be driving to Reading from Worcestershire, have 2 or 3 spaces in my car depending on amount of luggage!

noodle_1987 posted this 24 April 2012

Hi I'm Fran and I'm hoping to get a lift to Leeds from the manchester area if any one has any spaces??? I will have petrol money and snacks[:D]

bryonyyy posted this 28 April 2012

Hi, I was wondering if I could get a lift to Latitude festival from Preston area or I could make my way to Manchester and get picked up there if anyone was going from there. I'm going on my own and would've liked some company there. Can pay for petrol if needed :)

TomTom posted this 01 May 2012

Driving up from Cardiff to Leeds. Have room for one person. Either from Cardiff area on the m50/m5 corridor. [:)]

Niblo_esq posted this 16 May 2012

Going to Reading Festival on the Tuesday
Coming from Brighton, via Guildford
2 spaces
GOing Tuesday back Monday!

Fr33roam posted this 17 May 2012

Hey, I'm thinking of applying to work at Latitude but would rather have travel sorted first so I don't have to walk from the nearest station to the festival ha...
So I'm from London but can make my way to any surrounding areas (pretty much anywhere in the south) if it means a lift to the festival on Tuesday. I'm good company and can pay in cash and beer :)

iBeConnor posted this 18 May 2012

Hey, I've applied for Latitude and Reading by myself. Just wondering if anyone is heading to either of the festivals from either Bath, Bristol or Cardiff sort of area on either tuesday or wednesday for either festival? As a lift would be great! Would obviously contribute to petrol cost! :)

barbsy posted this 18 May 2012

hey, i'm working at Latitude this year. going up on tuesday from London. if anyone would be able to give me a lift, that would be fantastic, i'd be happy to contribute to the cost in money and/or drinks...

zach posted this 20 May 2012

Hey,
Volunteer reading fest by myself. Would really appreciate a lift

From: London (north preferably but will travel anywhere reasonable achievable)

To: Reading Festival

When: Whenever

Cheers!

jimi0402 posted this 21 May 2012

Hello all,

I'm working at Reading Festival this year. I'm living in North London and looking for a lift of some sort anywhere in the London area. Happy to leave whenever and obviously would provide petrol money, alcohol etc.

Cheers!

emilymorris posted this 23 May 2012

Hi, I'm possibly looking for a lift to and from Latitude Festival. I am leaving Norwich on Wednesday the 11th of July and heading to Latitude Festival with one friend (we are both female).
(We have already booked train tickets from Grantham to Norwich, we just need a connecting lift from Norwich to Henham Park). We will obviously contribute towards fuel :D
Please email me on emily.ann.morris94@gmail.com if you can spare the room! Cheers!

Abby93 posted this 24 May 2012

Hi, Im volunteering at Leeds this year by myself so have space in my car. Its a Clio so only really enough space for one passenger. I will be driving from Grimsby so can pick up locally or along the A180/M180/M62.

:)

Amy Greaves posted this 27 May 2012

Hi! I'm looking for 2 places in a car to get to Latitude from the Worcestershire/Birmingham area on the Tuesday morning and if it's possible on the way back on Monday too. Me and my boyfriend are volunteering and will obviously give petrol money/sweets for the journey. :D
Amy

tofts posted this 03 June 2012

Will be traveling to latitude and reading this year, both on tuesday.

Will be coming from Colchester area and will have a further 2 places in the van and LOTS AND LOTS OF ROOM for beer tents camping etc!

If there is enough interest I can put another row of seats in the van so can take up to 4 people!

Let me know

barbsy posted this 03 June 2012

Hey Tofts, I apparently haven't posted enough to email you, so guess I'll just have to post on the forum :)

I was looking for a lift to Latitude from London, but it wouldn't be an issue getting to Colchester if you'd be willing to take me... I'm of course happy to contribute in the form of booze and petrol money! :)
It's my first time volunteering, so I've been a bit concerned about how to get there etc.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Regards,

Barbara

geo1608 posted this 03 June 2012

Jody, what sort of time you planning on getting to latitude on the tuesday?

VerdiCries posted this 12 June 2012

Heya!

So I finally made up my mind and decided going solo volunteering this year at Latitude. Gotta be honest ... i am pieting myself ... lol .... well, havent got to that point yet but would def be very grateful if i get to meet more volunteers on the way there and hopefully someone can give me a lift to the site.

I'm coming from London (North London), anyone has any spare seats on their car?. I obviously would contribute with gas and a few laughs, and cake, it goes down very well with beer! :).

Would be cool meeting some people in the same situation or going with friends so we get a bunch of us together pre fest.

And if anyone happen to have any space in their car just give me a shout!!! :)

Show More Posts
YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close