Official Hotbox Events Lift Share Thread 2011

• 10K Views
  • Last Post 31 March 2011
Tavis posted this 31 March 2011

What is lift sharing?

For those new to the concept the general idea of lift sharing is to meet with another person who is heading to the same destination and travel together.

In exchange for this lift you would usually be expected to contribute a small amount towards petrol costs or some other arrangement such as music, sweets or directions.

In previous years many have arranged to share a lift via the Hotbox Events Forum - please do try and share lifts whenever possible.

Benefits

It really does benefit everyone:

* Less traffic on the roads
* Makes the journey more enjoyable
* Make new friends before you arrive on-site
* Cheaper travel costs
* Better for the environment
* Saves on sometimes limited parking space.

How?

Simple,

If you are offering a lift post a message in this thread with where you are leaving from, when you are going, where you are going and how many spaces you have.

EG: \"I am leaving Southampton on 23/08 going to Reading Festival with 3 spaces in my car\"

OR

If you are requesting a lift post a message in this thread with where you need to be picked up from and which date, how many in your group and where you are going.

EG: \"Hi I need a lift from Southampton on 23/06 with 2 other mates to go to Reading Festival\"

Contacting Sharers

You can contact sharers by email via their forum profile, just click on their username next to one of their posts this will take you to their forum profile and under their profile click \"Click to send an E-Mail\".

This is a good way to work out the finer details of you shares such as the times, location, exchanging of names and favourite haribo.

Please do not post yours or another person's email address on the forums as it will be removed by a moderator.

Best of luck finding your lift! []

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
mattlowe posted this 04 April 2011

Hi, I can offer a lift to Leeds for two people + luggage, from manchester (trafford) / Huddersfield. Trade is simply split the fuel cost with me equally. Access my email via my profile to let me know if you're interested. See you around, Matt Lowe.

Morton39 posted this 07 April 2011

Lift offer to Latitude and Big Chill from south side of Sheffield going via Chesterfield and Mansfield. Can take one or two people. Reply using my profile link.

RestricteD posted this 11 April 2011

Heya. Looking for a lift to Latitude from either Dewsbury(Near Leeds) or Chadderton(Oldham) close to Manchester for two with luggage.

Amymeister posted this 18 April 2011

Hello,

I can offer a lift to one person (I have a small car so fitting 2 in with luggage is a near impossability) to Big Chill. Going down on Tuesday morning, returning Monday. Going from York so can pick up from most areas on the route down.

Amymeister posted this 18 April 2011

Also, if there is an outside chance that anyone is attending Sonisphere directly before Latitude, I can offer a one way trip from the Sonisphere site to Latitude for 1 person on the Monday.

Azer posted this 18 April 2011

Lift offer to Reading on the Wednesday from Portsmouth.
Can take 1 person and/or shed loads of luggage as have single cab pick-up. Not sure what day I'll be comming back just yet but lift home is offered as well.

jen1187 posted this 01 May 2011

Hi mattlowe. I would be up for a lift from Manchester to Leeds, if that's cool?

Amymeister posted this 03 May 2011

Jen,

It might be worth messaging mattlowe directly as not many people check this thread on a regular basis.

jen1187 posted this 04 May 2011

Hey Amy,

Thanks for your help. When I try emailing him it says this:

There Was A Problem With Your E-mail

You do not have enough posts to email other members. If you feel that you have received this message in error, please contact the forum administrator.

Any ideas why?

Anthy posted this 05 May 2011

Hi,

I need a lift to Latt from;Bristol,Swindon,Gloucester,Hereford or Reading.

Will pay for petrol,sweets ets(oh I do smoke). peace Anthea

jen1187 posted this 05 May 2011

Thanks Rob! There we go...5!!

jen1187 posted this 05 May 2011

Noooooooooooo. Still no luck.

Mark posted this 05 May 2011

The limit is 10.

Cool_Mum_Joolz posted this 09 May 2011

I can offer a lift to Leeds from south Sheffield on the Tuesday.

I would be able to offer a lift to Latitude from Sheffield on the Wednesday but would prefer to get a lift to Latitude from Nottingham on the Tuesday if possible.(M - will be in touch)

M13UGS posted this 15 May 2011

* L.I.F.T..S.H.A.R.E.. O.F.F.E.R.E.D.. * * * L.O.N.D.O.N.. T.O..L.A.T.I.T.U.D.E *

London, near Kings Cross, Euston, Camden.... to Latitude festival.... TUESDAY 12th July, leaving for 9.00am, large car, loadsa room for loadsa beer.... if you can get it to any of the above areas, then you can get it to Latitude !

I can comfortably fit in three more people... (one space already booked) based on an equal share of fuel costs.. though be aware that my car is a bit of a guzzler... arrive in comfort, arrive in style, bring loadsa gear and carry a smile..!!

PM, me.. give me your mobly number, your eMail address, possibly your house number and postcode if you're close to these areas and we can work something out. You can also add me on Facebook Mark (Bugsy) Booth.

ALSO.. RETURN LIFT OFFERED, back to London... Kings Cross, Euston, Camden areas... but at this stage, I am not 100% certain as to whether I am returning Sunday evening or Monday (early..ish.) morning, will know a bit closer to the time..

Also, same deal applies for BIG CHILL and LEEDS festivals... though will be leaving earlier for both events due to the distance/time to get there... so will be leaving for 8.00am.... Tuesday 2nd August for Big Chill and Tuesday 23rd August for LEEDS. Return however, will be the MONDAY morning.

Anthy posted this 16 May 2011

yes from anthea.Am not in london but can get there.

M13UGS posted this 18 May 2011

Anthea, are you saying yes to my offer...?

If so, which festival ? And where to meet...? Kings Cross...? Send me a PM, click on my username.. add your mobly number too...

Also, you should edit your post, take out your eMail address.. spammers can grab it... and the moderators will give you a public flogging if they see it...

chrisgclark posted this 20 May 2011

I'll be traveling from Slough to the Big Chill Festival at 12noon Wed 3rd August, aim to get there 2-3pm. I have space in my car for 2 people. I will be traveling back at the earliest chance on the Monday. If you can get to/from Slough train station (west London) you'll welcome to have a lift. We'll split the petrol 3 ways.

Would be nice having some company for the journey. Its my first festival I'm volunteering at.. can't wait!

:-)

chrisgclark posted this 20 May 2011

I'll also be driving from Slough to Reading at 2pm on Wednesday 24th August. Again, space in the car for 2 people, coming back earliest chance on Monday. This is only a short journey but if anyone wants a lift then get in touch.

If anyone lives fairly local I might be a able to pick you up.

Get in touch.

Also say hi if you doing Big Chill and Reading. Would be cool to meet some people who are doing both.

:-)

Morton39 posted this 29 May 2011

Reposting lift offer
From Sheffield, pick up anywhere (well, almost anywhere!!) on the way to Latitude and Big Chill.
Leaving on the Tuesday mornings about 9.30.
Small car, 1 space available for Latitude sharing back seat with luggage, 2 spaces for Big Chill.
Would love to have some company on these journeys.

Show More Posts
YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close