Official Hotbox Events Lift Share Thread 2011

• 10K Views
  • Last Post 31 March 2011
Tavis posted this 31 March 2011

What is lift sharing?

For those new to the concept the general idea of lift sharing is to meet with another person who is heading to the same destination and travel together.

In exchange for this lift you would usually be expected to contribute a small amount towards petrol costs or some other arrangement such as music, sweets or directions.

In previous years many have arranged to share a lift via the Hotbox Events Forum - please do try and share lifts whenever possible.

Benefits

It really does benefit everyone:

* Less traffic on the roads
* Makes the journey more enjoyable
* Make new friends before you arrive on-site
* Cheaper travel costs
* Better for the environment
* Saves on sometimes limited parking space.

How?

Simple,

If you are offering a lift post a message in this thread with where you are leaving from, when you are going, where you are going and how many spaces you have.

EG: \"I am leaving Southampton on 23/08 going to Reading Festival with 3 spaces in my car\"

OR

If you are requesting a lift post a message in this thread with where you need to be picked up from and which date, how many in your group and where you are going.

EG: \"Hi I need a lift from Southampton on 23/06 with 2 other mates to go to Reading Festival\"

Contacting Sharers

You can contact sharers by email via their forum profile, just click on their username next to one of their posts this will take you to their forum profile and under their profile click \"Click to send an E-Mail\".

This is a good way to work out the finer details of you shares such as the times, location, exchanging of names and favourite haribo.

Please do not post yours or another person's email address on the forums as it will be removed by a moderator.

Best of luck finding your lift! []

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
mattlowe posted this 04 April 2011

Hi, I can offer a lift to Leeds for two people + luggage, from manchester (trafford) / Huddersfield. Trade is simply split the fuel cost with me equally. Access my email via my profile to let me know if you're interested. See you around, Matt Lowe.

Morton39 posted this 07 April 2011

Lift offer to Latitude and Big Chill from south side of Sheffield going via Chesterfield and Mansfield. Can take one or two people. Reply using my profile link.

RestricteD posted this 11 April 2011

Heya. Looking for a lift to Latitude from either Dewsbury(Near Leeds) or Chadderton(Oldham) close to Manchester for two with luggage.

Amymeister posted this 18 April 2011

Hello,

I can offer a lift to one person (I have a small car so fitting 2 in with luggage is a near impossability) to Big Chill. Going down on Tuesday morning, returning Monday. Going from York so can pick up from most areas on the route down.

Amymeister posted this 18 April 2011

Also, if there is an outside chance that anyone is attending Sonisphere directly before Latitude, I can offer a one way trip from the Sonisphere site to Latitude for 1 person on the Monday.

Azer posted this 18 April 2011

Lift offer to Reading on the Wednesday from Portsmouth.
Can take 1 person and/or shed loads of luggage as have single cab pick-up. Not sure what day I'll be comming back just yet but lift home is offered as well.

jen1187 posted this 01 May 2011

Hi mattlowe. I would be up for a lift from Manchester to Leeds, if that's cool?

Amymeister posted this 03 May 2011

Jen,

It might be worth messaging mattlowe directly as not many people check this thread on a regular basis.

jen1187 posted this 04 May 2011

Hey Amy,

Thanks for your help. When I try emailing him it says this:

There Was A Problem With Your E-mail

You do not have enough posts to email other members. If you feel that you have received this message in error, please contact the forum administrator.

Any ideas why?

Anthy posted this 05 May 2011

Hi,

I need a lift to Latt from;Bristol,Swindon,Gloucester,Hereford or Reading.

Will pay for petrol,sweets ets(oh I do smoke). peace Anthea

jen1187 posted this 05 May 2011

Thanks Rob! There we go...5!!

jen1187 posted this 05 May 2011

Noooooooooooo. Still no luck.

Mark posted this 05 May 2011

The limit is 10.

Cool_Mum_Joolz posted this 09 May 2011

I can offer a lift to Leeds from south Sheffield on the Tuesday.

I would be able to offer a lift to Latitude from Sheffield on the Wednesday but would prefer to get a lift to Latitude from Nottingham on the Tuesday if possible.(M - will be in touch)

M13UGS posted this 15 May 2011

* L.I.F.T..S.H.A.R.E.. O.F.F.E.R.E.D.. * * * L.O.N.D.O.N.. T.O..L.A.T.I.T.U.D.E *

London, near Kings Cross, Euston, Camden.... to Latitude festival.... TUESDAY 12th July, leaving for 9.00am, large car, loadsa room for loadsa beer.... if you can get it to any of the above areas, then you can get it to Latitude !

I can comfortably fit in three more people... (one space already booked) based on an equal share of fuel costs.. though be aware that my car is a bit of a guzzler... arrive in comfort, arrive in style, bring loadsa gear and carry a smile..!!

PM, me.. give me your mobly number, your eMail address, possibly your house number and postcode if you're close to these areas and we can work something out. You can also add me on Facebook Mark (Bugsy) Booth.

ALSO.. RETURN LIFT OFFERED, back to London... Kings Cross, Euston, Camden areas... but at this stage, I am not 100% certain as to whether I am returning Sunday evening or Monday (early..ish.) morning, will know a bit closer to the time..

Also, same deal applies for BIG CHILL and LEEDS festivals... though will be leaving earlier for both events due to the distance/time to get there... so will be leaving for 8.00am.... Tuesday 2nd August for Big Chill and Tuesday 23rd August for LEEDS. Return however, will be the MONDAY morning.

Anthy posted this 16 May 2011

yes from anthea.Am not in london but can get there.

M13UGS posted this 18 May 2011

Anthea, are you saying yes to my offer...?

If so, which festival ? And where to meet...? Kings Cross...? Send me a PM, click on my username.. add your mobly number too...

Also, you should edit your post, take out your eMail address.. spammers can grab it... and the moderators will give you a public flogging if they see it...

chrisgclark posted this 20 May 2011

I'll be traveling from Slough to the Big Chill Festival at 12noon Wed 3rd August, aim to get there 2-3pm. I have space in my car for 2 people. I will be traveling back at the earliest chance on the Monday. If you can get to/from Slough train station (west London) you'll welcome to have a lift. We'll split the petrol 3 ways.

Would be nice having some company for the journey. Its my first festival I'm volunteering at.. can't wait!

:-)

chrisgclark posted this 20 May 2011

I'll also be driving from Slough to Reading at 2pm on Wednesday 24th August. Again, space in the car for 2 people, coming back earliest chance on Monday. This is only a short journey but if anyone wants a lift then get in touch.

If anyone lives fairly local I might be a able to pick you up.

Get in touch.

Also say hi if you doing Big Chill and Reading. Would be cool to meet some people who are doing both.

:-)

Morton39 posted this 29 May 2011

Reposting lift offer
From Sheffield, pick up anywhere (well, almost anywhere!!) on the way to Latitude and Big Chill.
Leaving on the Tuesday mornings about 9.30.
Small car, 1 space available for Latitude sharing back seat with luggage, 2 spaces for Big Chill.
Would love to have some company on these journeys.

RestricteD posted this 29 May 2011

Reposting my lift needed.

Needing lift from Dewsbury(West Yorkshire Near Leeds) or Chadderton (Near Manchester) or anywhere close by for two with luggage to Latitude.

Or if someone would be willing to pick up from Halesworth station that would be great as looking at trains but would need some way of getting from Halesworth to Latitude.

Rachthorn posted this 31 May 2011

hey im looking for a lift to lattitude im in bradford is anyone coming from that way?
Rach x

Cool_Mum_Joolz posted this 01 June 2011

*REPOST LEEDS LIFT OFFER*
I can offer a lift to Leeds from Sheffield (pick up south or central preferred) on Tuesday 23rd Aug, mid-late morning. Small car, space for one or two with modest luggage.
LEEDS Return journey - I will have space but won't decide until Sunday at what time I'm heading back, usually fairly promptly after end of shift.

(Modified) LATITUDE LIFT REQUEST
Is anyone heading through from the Norwich direction on Wednesday 13th July? I have an \"easy\" train journey that gets me there at mid-day, but from there to Henham is ridiculously complex!
(Return lift not requested - outline arranged with M')

janna posted this 02 June 2011

Hello! First time CATing this year (but will be my 4th Reading festival.) I'm able to offer lifts to and from Reading to those in the Bridgend/Cardiff area (junction 35-30 on the M4 really.) Fuel costs will be sorted out as a split between however many are in the car. Room for two people with a fair amount of camping gear. Probably leaving Tuesday 23rd August (but am flexible, Wednesday morning might be do-able ' I'm going to decide closer to the time) and returning the Monday afterwards (29th.)

Oh, and good map-reading skills will bag you a seat in the front. If it's a tie then the winner will be the one who brings the best car snacks.

Amymeister posted this 08 June 2011

REOFFERING:

A return lift to Big Chill. Travelling from York on the Tuesday and pick up on the route down. Returning Monday, probably later on so will be fine for someone who's working the Monday early shift. Space for 1 person (I have a small car and a chronic over packing problem) with the usual amount of stuff. Alas no smoking in the car as the passenger window doesn't open :-(

Come on people, it's a long way to travel on my lonesome.

jen1187 posted this 08 June 2011

I can offer 2 people a lift from manchester area, to leeds and back. Or I could share with someone else (I come from chorley, near bolton), but can get the train somewhere nearer if easier. Jen

lepus posted this 09 June 2011

Jen, I am interested in lift, I have emailed you details, Tony

Morton39 posted this 09 June 2011

Amy - sent you a message re lift to Big Chill. Marilyn

Amymeister posted this 10 June 2011

Yep just got your email Marilyn. Have replied from my other email addy though as I don't check my hotmail account very often.

M13UGS posted this 11 June 2011

* L.I.F.T..S.H.A.R.E.. O.F.F.E.R.E.D.. * * * L.O.N.D.O.N.. T.O..L.A.T.I.T.U.D.E *

London, near Kings Cross, Euston, Camden.... to Latitude festival.... TUESDAY 12th July, leaving for 9.00am, large car, loadsa room for loadsa beer.... if you can get it to any of the above areas, then you can get it to Latitude !

I can comfortably fit in three more people... (one space already booked) based on an equal share of fuel costs.. though be aware that my car is a bit of a guzzler... arrive in comfort, arrive in style, bring loadsa gear and carry a smile..!!

PM, me.. give me your mobly number, your eMail address, possibly your house number and postcode if you're close to these areas and we can work something out. You can also add me on Facebook Mark (Bugsy) Booth.

ALSO.. RETURN LIFT OFFERED, back to London... Kings Cross, Euston, Camden areas... Monday mid/late morning, my last shift finishes 01.00am on Monday.

Also, same deal applies for BIG CHILL and LEEDS festivals... though will be leaving earlier for both events due to the distance/time to get there... so will be leaving for 8.00am latest.... Tuesday 2nd August for Big Chill and Tuesday 23rd August for LEEDS. Return however, will be the MONDAY morning, time to be confirmed subject to shift timings.

Orwin123 posted this 12 June 2011

I am volunteering at latitude and looking for a return lift to the festival, and wondering if anyone has a space in there car for me to jump in, I live in Sheffield it would make it much easier to get down there doing car share!

olliemayall@hotmail.com posted this 14 June 2011

Hi, hopefully looking for a lift to big chill and leeds festival this summer. I live in Grimsby (north east coast).

Onion-XD posted this 17 June 2011

Hiya I'm looking for a lift from Glasgow to go to Leeds Festival!

I'll contribute towards petrol money,sweets/snacks and hopefully some good chat!

samsamba posted this 24 June 2011

I can offer a lift to 1-2 people from Leeds leaving mid morning 10am? on Weds. Probably returning Monday-early or late depending on shift. Share petrol costs. please email me aty samsamba@live.co.uk

samsamba posted this 24 June 2011

LEEDS TO LATITUDE

I can offer a lift to 1-2 people from Leeds to Latitude leaving mid morning [10am?] on Weds. Probably returning Monday-early or late depending on shift. Share petrol costs. please email me at samsamba@live.co.uk

trapior posted this 25 June 2011

NEED RIDE ---- EDINBURGH TO LATITUDE

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a lift to Latitude from Edinburgh. I'm not sure on the shifts I will get yet but I suppose I would need to travel the 13-18. I will repost with confirmation if necessary.

Please let me know if you can help!

My email is theresa.rapior at gmail

Thank you

chrislaidler posted this 27 June 2011

quote:
Originally posted by M13UGS

ALSO.. RETURN LIFT OFFERED, back to London... Kings Cross, Euston, Camden areas... Monday mid/late morning, my last shift finishes 01.00am on Monday.

Also, same deal applies for BIG CHILL and LEEDS festivals... though will be leaving earlier for both events due to the distance/time to get there... so will be leaving for 8.00am latest.... Tuesday 2nd August for Big Chill and Tuesday 23rd August for LEEDS. Return however, will be the MONDAY morning, time to be confirmed subject to shift timings.

HEY! I am coming from Scotland to Latitude, and am struggling to find a way! I can get as far as London, but is there any chance I can get a lift with you from London to the festival? Thanks :)

_Charlie_ posted this 01 July 2011

LIFT REQUESTS: YORKSHIRE TO LATITUDE; HERTFORSHIRE TO BIG CHILL

Don't suppose anyone fancies giving me a lift to Latitude from anywhere near Yorkshire on Wednesday 13th? I'll be leaving from Hull, but I can easily catch a train to Leeds, Sheffield, etc if that's easier.

Also, anyone heading to Big Chill from anywhere near Hertfordshire? A cheeky lift from St Albans or someplace nearby would be greatly appreciated! (: x

M13UGS posted this 01 July 2011

Chris, I've sent you a message, yes I can help you out.

Charlie... I can possibly help you... again.. I brought you last year to Leeds if you remember..

Mark.

Rachaelpeck posted this 06 July 2011

Hi my name is Rachael I would love to get a lift to the latitude festival in Suffolk form anywhere in central london. Willing to pay for some fuel. Please let me know if you would like to help me out.

M13UGS posted this 06 July 2011

Hi Rachael, happy to help you if I can.. I'm leaving for 09.00am on Tuesday... can you get to Kings Cross or Euston?

Please eMail me at [my username](AT)yahoo(DOT)co(DOT)uk

Cool_Mum_Joolz posted this 07 July 2011

Mark - at this rate, you'll have to hire a coach for all the lifts you're offering! Perhaps we should all chip in and you could drive around the country to pick everyone up, that'd be green :)

M13UGS posted this 07 July 2011

Sssshhh Jooolz.... I still have the mini-bus from Leeds... Don't tell Mark H... lol....

I do have a big one....

Car..

Can comfortably take four, plus me... and all their luggage.. still got no definate confirmations.. so could be riding solo... though do have an alternative back-up... wah ha ha....

Rachaelpeck posted this 08 July 2011

Thankyou for your response. I am
Looking for a lift after work on tuesday and I finishe at 4 so I will have to keep looking. If you can offer me a lift from London central( does not have to be central central
I am willing to travel out a bit) to latitude on tuesday after 4 please contact me.
Thankyou
Rachael

shipo001 posted this 13 July 2011

I can offer a lift from Milton Keynes/Northampton to Leeds on the 24/8 . All i ask is that the cost of petrol is split and some good company for the journey :-) Please reply to my profile directly :)

Thomas posted this 20 July 2011

NEED LIFT FROM YORKSHIRE TO BIG CHILL

Looking for a lift to Big Chill from around the Leeds area. I can probably get a train to pretty much anywhere in Yorkshire, I do live close to the M1/M62 intersect though if you happen to be heading near that way.

I offer my share in petrol, good chat, and food.

edit: To add incentive, I will also add that I will bake brownies for the journey. I will book train tickets Sunday night though so get to me before then if you have space available (and a desire for delicious chocolate)

email is my username at tuomas dot co dot uk

Thomas x

M13UGS posted this 21 July 2011

* L.I.F.T..S.H.A.R.E.. O.F.F.E.R.E.D.. * * * L.O.N.D.O.N.. T.O.. B.I.G..C.H.I.L.L *

London, near Kings Cross, Euston, Camden.... to BIG CHILL festival.... TUESDAY 2nd August, leaving for 9.00am, large car, loadsa room for loadsa beer.... if you can get it to any of the above areas, then you can get it to Big Chill !

Return lift offered on Monday back to same areas.

I can comfortably fit in three more people... based on an equal share of fuel costs.. though be aware that my car is a bit of a guzzler... arrive in comfort, arrive in style, bring loadsa gear and carry a smile..!!

PM me.. give me your mobly number, your eMail address, possibly your house number and postcode if you're living close to these areas and we can work something out. You can also add me on Facebook Mark (Bugsy) Booth.

Don't leave it till last minute and then find that you have to buy an expensive train ticket, then wait for the shuttle bus and then have to carry your gear...

Jasmiine posted this 28 July 2011

Mark! Me and two friends are working at the Big Chill and looking for a lift on Tues 2nd from London. Do you still have space?

tofts posted this 28 July 2011

Hi all, Names Jody.

Will be going to reading festival this year as a first time CAT, woho! Anyhow, I have a very spacious car that will fit 4 passengers and more bear than you could possibly even think of drinking over a week. I live colchester area, east of england so if anybody wants a lift, give me a shout.

Thanks,

Jody

Send em a pm or email at \"jodywiles AT gmail DOT com\"

M13UGS posted this 28 July 2011

quote:
Originally posted by Jasmiine
Mark! Me and two friends are working at the Big Chill and looking for a lift on Tues 2nd from London. Do you still have space?

Yes, I have space.... have sent you a private message. [:D]

I live near Kings Cross/Euston/Camden.. can you get to those areas..[?]

Look forward to hearing from you soon.... [8D]

Jasmiine posted this 29 July 2011

Hi Mark, I sent you a message on facebook as I was having login problems on here earlier, did you get it? Just want to confirm really as we're up for it and would like to leave preferably from King's Cross. I sent you my contact details in the message, send me your number and I'll give you a call Sunday if you like. Speak soon!

chrisgclark posted this 29 July 2011

Hi, posted this before but offering a lift to big chill on wednesday, leaving west london (slough) about 12noon. get in touch if anyone needs a lift. Chris

M13UGS posted this 29 July 2011

Jasmiine.. received, replied... done !

Cool_Mum_Joolz posted this 09 August 2011

REPOST LIFT OFFER TO LEEDS

One space committed, one space still available in small car from Sheffield on Tuesday morning.

Probable lift back to Sheffield on Monday morning available but would have to confirm that while at Leeds (and shift dependent of course).

M13UGS posted this 13 August 2011

• R E P O S T I N G - L I F T - S H A R E * * * * *

L.I.F.T..S.H.A.R.E.. O.F.F.E.R.E.D.. * * * L.O.N.D.O.N.. T.O.. L.E.E.D.S *

London, near Kings Cross, Euston, Camden.... to LEEDS festival.... TUESDAY 23rd August, leaving for 7.30am, large car, loadsa room for loadsa beer.... if you can get it to any of the above areas, then you can get it to Leeds !

Return lift offered on Monday back to same areas.

I can comfortably fit in three more people... based on an equal share of fuel costs.. though be aware that my car is a bit of a guzzler... arrive in comfort, arrive in style, bring loadsa gear and carry a smile..!!

PM me.. give me your mobly number, your eMail address, possibly your house number and postcode if you're living close to these areas and we can work something out. You can also add me on Facebook Mark (Bugsy) Booth.

Don't leave it till last minute and then find that you have to buy an expensive train ticket, then wait for the shuttle bus and then have to carry your gear...

goteambeth posted this 14 August 2011

Hiiii! I'm Beth, first year cat at Reading this year :)
Need a lift there though if anyone is coming from Birmingham/Worcester/midlands area that would be well helpful! Just gimme a message on here!
Looking forward to it :) x

mattlowe posted this 15 August 2011

---Liftshare Offered---2 Spaces---Manchester (trafford) to Leeds Fest---

I'm a CAT volunteer, team A. Heading over to Leeds fest on the tuesday-sunday eve/Mon morn. Willing to pick up along the way in Huddersfield. Simply split the fuel cost equally with me. Looking forward to it!

Thanks, Matt.

Onion-XD posted this 17 August 2011

quote:
Originally posted by mattlowe

I'm a CAT volunteer, team A. Heading over to Leeds fest on the tuesday-sunday eve/Mon morn. Willing to pick up along the way in Huddersfield. Simply split the fuel cost equally with me. Looking forward to it!

Thanks, Matt.

Hey Matt, I'm from Glasgow but there doesn't seem to be that many people from up my way driving down. I think I can get down to Manchester via bus to the Shudehill Interchange if that's do-able for you?

Thanks, Gary

bilal91 posted this 17 August 2011

i'll be fine in getting to leeds fest but will possibly need a lift back home...anyone willing to drop me off in pontefract after festival (only about 30mins drive from leeds)

Kwany posted this 17 August 2011

Ahhh someone from Ponte-carlo! Not that I'm going back to Ponte, or driving. So my post is rather pointless...

RestricteD posted this 17 August 2011

Heya Onion;

Please see this thread before you book anything

aamb01 posted this 17 August 2011

Hey Guys,

I have 3 spaces + equipment from Glasgow to Leeds fest on Tuesday 23rd!

Regards,
Andrew

aamb01 posted this 17 August 2011

PINGUBOX,

I'm heading down from Glasgow if you still need transport! The good chat would be much appreciated!

Lauren posted this 17 August 2011

quote:

Thanks, Matt.

Hey matt. I need a lift to leeds if it's still going? [:)]
I'm from stockport area but can meet you wherever in town/trafford xx

Fraser posted this 18 August 2011

Me and my Mate are going from Oxford to Reading Tuesday night if anyone is interested.

-Luke

HOPper posted this 19 August 2011

Lift offered. Leaving Forest Hill, London SE23, to Reading early on the Weds. Could change this to Tues evening departure if sharers need to start earlier than me. I'm CAT Charlie shift. Returning on the Monday.

Campervan has 1 spare seat and loads of rear space, cushions for squatters, and gear. Split diesel cost between sharers... whole return diesel usage, before splitting, will be around £30.

Responses to my profile please, rather than on here, so i don't miss anything

litlin74 posted this 20 August 2011

Hi all,

I'll be going up to Leeds from Gosport, Hampshire on Tuesday morning and will be coming back the following Monday if anyone needs a lift? Fuel will be split fairly and I have plenty of room in my van for luggage :)

Looking forward to seeing every one :)

Emma

mattlowe posted this 21 August 2011

quote:
Originally posted by Onion-XD
quote:

Thanks, Matt.

Hey Matt, I'm from Glasgow but there doesn't seem to be that many people from up my way driving down. I think I can get down to Manchester via bus to the Shudehill Interchange if that's do-able for you?

Thanks, Gary

Hi Gary, yeh i'm willing to help out dude but it seems there's a couple of people on this page who are coming from jolly glasgow so it would probs be easier if you get in touch with them first?

Thanks, Matt

mattlowe posted this 21 August 2011

quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
quote:

Thanks, Matt.

Hey matt. I need a lift to leeds if it's still going? [:)]
I'm from stockport area but can meet you wherever in town/trafford xx

Hi Lauren, yep a lift is still up for grabs. I'm going tuesday morning (10 or 11 ish). email me and we can sort out the details... m'dot'lowe29'at'gmail'dot'com

Onion-XD posted this 21 August 2011

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Onion-XD
quote:

Thanks, Matt.

Thanks, Gary

Hi Gary, yeh i'm willing to help out dude but it seems there's a couple of people on this page who are coming from jolly glasgow so it would probs be easier if you get in touch with them first?

Thanks, Matt

Hey Matt, yeah I've gotten in touch with them now! Thanks for the offer though

shipo001 posted this 22 August 2011

Lift to Leeds leaving Tuesday morning, will be leaving from milton keynes and can offer a space in my car, can pick up on the way as I will be travelling through the midlands send me an email if interested at oliverfcshipman@gmail.com

TomMack posted this 23 April 2012

quote:
Originally posted by Orwin123
I am volunteering at latitude and looking for a return lift to the festival, and wondering if anyone has a space in there car for me to jump in, I live in Sheffield it would make it much easier to get down there doing car share!

Hi yes i am too looking for a lift down to and from Latitude festival from the Sheffield area. Any responses would be very appreciated.

YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close