Reading 2013 woo!

• 3.5K Views
  • Last Post 04 March 2013
silverdawn posted this 04 March 2013

Hey!

I've just signed up to work at Reading this year (and considering latitude..) and i'm a little excited haha. Anyone else signed up yet? This is my first time working at a festival and i'm going it alone, anyone else in the same position? It would be nice to get to know a few of you before hand!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
BeckyP posted this 04 March 2013

hey! im doing leeds not reading but i went on my last year and it was so much so you will love it, everyone is so friendly, im doing latitude for the first time on my own though!

silverdawn posted this 05 March 2013

Oh cool, I'm pretty nervous about going alone though it seems as if lots of people do the same so that's not so bad! I'm thinking I may as well do latitude too cause my deposit covers both festivals haha!

detta posted this 06 March 2013

hey i will be at reading too and i'm also on my own. :D
so worried about the tent and blaah

silverdawn posted this 10 March 2013

Haha tens are okay once you put them up a few times, saying that I'll probably news mine up this year and need someone to help! Have you been to reading before?

Lizzieee posted this 11 March 2013

Hey,
I've just signed up for Reading too, doing it on my own, slightly nervous, never even been to reading fest before let alone worked there!

quote:
Originally posted by silverdawn
Hey!

I've just signed up to work at Reading this year (and considering latitude..) and i'm a little excited haha. Anyone else signed up yet? This is my first time working at a festival and i'm going it alone, anyone else in the same position? It would be nice to get to know a few of you before hand!

detta posted this 11 March 2013

went to reading last year and you?
but this is my first time volunteering there :O

silverdawn posted this 19 March 2013

Yeah I camped there last year for the first time, I loved it so much I had to come back this year! I feel better knowing there's more people going it alone, I actually think this year is going to be so good!

amydaniels posted this 22 March 2013

i'm going it alone this year at reading! last year i went there as a ticket-holder (and it was amazing!!) but i can't wait to volunteer! :)

Fflo posted this 27 March 2013

im glad so many people are doing it alone... i have gone to festivals (working) by myself in the past but not one as big as Reading!... Doing a fair few festivals this summer with different companies... really excited!

am.bra posted this 04 April 2013

Hi! I am in your same position! Its really nice to see that other people are going without their friends! This makes me feel a little less nervous! I actually can't wait to see that I got the role (volunteer)... :)What do you expect guys? [:I]

silverdawn posted this 08 April 2013

I really don't know what to expect! Though looking at previous threads everyone seems to have a great time :) I really can't work out which evening I want to have off the most, every day there's bands I really wanna see!! :(N

am.bra posted this 09 April 2013

Okay I got the position!! I expect it to be really cool! I hope I will get friday off (or at least a good shift)!! I can help with the tents, I need to buy my one though XD. Should we start the Sun Dance?? [:D]

silverdawn posted this 10 April 2013

Haha well there's some sun here in London today.. Maybe spring is finally here! I hope the weather is good for reading!!

TomTom posted this 11 April 2013

Hey everyeone. Worked Leeds on my own last year and loved it. Thinking of doing reading this year. Any ideas of the car park distance to the camp site and campsite distance from arena?

detta posted this 12 April 2013

i think there were boats from the car park to the campsite

PurpleHayze posted this 01 May 2013

Hi everyone :) I've just been confirmed for reading....really happy I'm not the only one going solo! it's my first time volunteering and my first time at reading....I'm swinging between 5yr old on Xmas morning excited and petrified. I'm hoping for Friday eve off...but love the Lumineers so would be ok with Sunday. Roll on August!!!! :)

zach posted this 25 May 2013

Hi

Seams like there's a queue but if anyone has a lift for me that would be amazing!

To: Reading
Dates/Time:Flexible
People: 2 or more spaces please

I'm from north london and been the last two years in a row. Of course I'd chip in petrol money, snacks and witty banter :p

Zach

HelloKittyAy posted this 18 June 2013

Hey everyone! :D

It's so good to see lots of new volunteers ready to hit Reading 2013 ^^

This will be my 5th year working here, but will be coming alone again - but don't worry everyone is usually super friendly and in the same positions as you so you make friends no problem :)

@TomTom the car parking is actually located next to the staff camping, you could throw a bread roll to your tent from your car :)

Looking forward to meeting anyone who wants to say hi and have a drink, I'll be there from Tuesday morning, so happy to help anyone who wants it ^
^

Aaron

silverdawn posted this 17 July 2013

So hey again :)
It's getting pretty close to reading yay! I mentioned before about traveling up to the festival with some company, so if anyone is interested in driving up/getting the train/coach up add me on fb and let's chat! (I keep forgetting about this forum that's why :p)
Emily 'Toni' Reed is the name :)

am.bra posted this 18 July 2013

Emily, I just added you! I'm Ambra London XD Aaron, you sound like a really fun and friendly person, please feel free to add me too if you want! ;)

Show More Posts
YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close