reading 2014 yaaay!!

• 8.4K Views
  • Last Post 12 March 2014
ashantiiiiii posted this 12 March 2014

anyone volunteering alone this year?
its my first time volunteering at a festival on this scale so im preety damn nervous but fricken excited too!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
PurpleHayze posted this 13 March 2014

Hey ashantiii :) technically I'm going on my own, but will be meeting up with some guys I met last year. This is my second time at reading...can't wait!!!

Leial posted this 17 March 2014

Hey! This will be my first year as well! For now I'm going alone, but don't lnow if any of my friends will be coming :)

lauraswithie posted this 21 March 2014

Hi!
I am volunteering alone for Reading this year, so excited to meet everyone and its my birthday on the 20th (:

Leial posted this 23 March 2014

Wow Lauraswithie! You are going to have a fantastic birthday present, then :D

ashantiiiiii posted this 16 April 2014

Great I got replies haha! hi everyone hope ur all okay. Leial none of my mates are interested in Reading Fest cuz they don't know the bands [:0] I didn't knw what to say to them tbh. what bands do u all like btw? lauraswithie I cant think of a better place to spend a birthday [:D] hope you enjoy it. and how was last year, PurpleHayze I heard it was really good? im just curious how much time is available to see the bands perform and stuff...

bakershake posted this 16 April 2014

We had a great time last year, worked on the Wednesday from 5pm-1am, Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 1am-9am so loads of time off to enjoy the festival or just chill on the campsite. Nearer the time you get to choose shifts so you can look at the headliners and bands you want to see and work around that :)

flexismexisandwich posted this 20 April 2014

Hey. Volunteering this year by myself as well. Coming from a bit away as well so hoping to make friends there. I do have a few friends going but really wanted tk go and just meet some new people who are going to be doing something like me. Would be really great to get to know some of you or something. 19 and female btw. So excited but still a bit unsure on everything I need to bring. Thinking the 'kitlist' is slightly different than DofE!

Leial posted this 21 April 2014

quote:
Originally posted by flexismexisandwich
Hey. Volunteering this year by myself as well. Coming from a bit away as well so hoping to make friends there. I do have a few friends going but really wanted tk go and just meet some new people who are going to be doing something like me. Would be really great to get to know some of you or something. 19 and female btw. So excited but still a bit unsure on everything I need to bring. Thinking the 'kitlist' is slightly different than DofE!

In the end, none of my friends are coming. I think it will be better to go on my own hahaha.

I'm coming also from far away, Spain. I'm having the same problem as you, have no idea what to bring. What's the weather like in August?

Leial posted this 21 April 2014

Regarding the bandsâ?¦ I like a lot of them xD The 1975, A Day To Remember, Sleeping With Sirens, Paramore, Blink 182, Issuesâ?¦ What about you?

flexismexisandwich posted this 21 April 2014

quote:
Originally posted by Leial
quote:

In the end, none of my friends are coming. I think it will be better to go on my own hahaha.

I'm coming also from far away, Spain. I'm having the same problem as you, have no idea what to bring. What's the weather like in August?

Honestly have no idea what the weather is lilw really. Sometimes its very hot and miss. Just depends how our summer goes I think. :). Was looking up previous threads for what to bring with. Tent obviously is a very important one. And roll mat but depends If you can handle a possible bumpy floor. Wanting to see all the bands you're looking for as well. So excited. First festival.

Leial posted this 22 April 2014

I didn't think about the sleeping mat until yesterday. I think that if you sleep from Tuesday to Monday in the tent you should use the mat, or else your back will terribly hurt, don't you think?

flexismexisandwich posted this 15 May 2014

Just read the guide which was sent through on email to me, was very helpful on what to bring, however my poor back is going to die from carrying everything!

Leial posted this 15 May 2014

quote:
Just read the guide which was sent through on email to me, was very helpful on what to bring, however my poor back is going to die from carrying everything!

I've read it like a thousand times, and it's a really useful guide! But it's not the same camping three days than six :S Because for three days you can carry a bag with a couple of clothes. For a week you need a couple more xD

flexismexisandwich posted this 15 May 2014

Top tip. Multiple tops or so and only like 2 pairs of trousers or leggings or something. Rotate the bottoms with different tops and you'll be looking new each day. Aha. What I did on DofE. Made mw feel a little bit more clean when on the Moores!

Leial posted this 16 May 2014

quote:
Top tip. Multiple tops or so and only like 2 pairs of trousers or leggings or something. Rotate the bottoms with different tops and you'll be looking new each day. Aha. What I did on DofE. Made mw feel a little bit more clean when on the Moores!

You've saved my life! Thumbs up!

HelloKittyAy posted this 25 May 2014

Hey everyone thought I'd drop a message here as I always like to meet new people and help in any way if possible ^^

This will be my 7th year working there so I much knowledge I'm happy to share :) I'll be heading up alone from the Netherlands on the Tuesday but I know others who will be coming from previous years and it's always good to make a good circle of friends and chill! To those coming alone I say this - savour the moment! There is no better time than your first especially when alone, the festival will be what you make it. Enjoy, have fun, make friends and submerge in your surroundings and you'll have the best time ever ^_^

Hope to hear from some of you soon, and meet you at the festival! :D

flexismexisandwich posted this 04 June 2014

Hello! First year at a festival and volunteering! For sure looking for family to make! Shall he interesting I'm sure but so excited for it. Any tips of things to bring with me?

Leial posted this 05 June 2014

I have one question that has nothing to do with this, but, you all keep saying on THE Tuesday, why is that? I'd never heard that in my whole life xD Sorry for my ignorance about it, but I'm just so astonished to keep seeing it the whole time! Isn't it correct saying \"on Tuesday\"?

Dafter posted this 05 June 2014

quote:
Originally posted by Leial
I have one question that has nothing to do with this, but, you all keep saying on THE Tuesday, why is that? I'd never heard that in my whole life xD Sorry for my ignorance about it, but I'm just so astonished to keep seeing it the whole time! Isn't it correct saying \"on Tuesday\"?

That's just how the English language works, both (I think)are correct it just sounds better to put the \"the\". In my opinion.
It will also be my first time at a festival and volunteering, I'm super excited. I know some of my mates are going but they're not volunteering.

PurpleHayze posted this 06 June 2014

Hi Dafter :) I've got a few mates at the festival too, we get the best of both worlds....nice staff camping and showers and get to hang out with them on days off :) this is my second time working...had a blast last year!

Show More Posts
YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close