reading 2014 yaaay!!

• 8.4K Views
  • Last Post 12 March 2014
ashantiiiiii posted this 12 March 2014

anyone volunteering alone this year?
its my first time volunteering at a festival on this scale so im preety damn nervous but fricken excited too!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
PurpleHayze posted this 13 March 2014

Hey ashantiii :) technically I'm going on my own, but will be meeting up with some guys I met last year. This is my second time at reading...can't wait!!!

Leial posted this 17 March 2014

Hey! This will be my first year as well! For now I'm going alone, but don't lnow if any of my friends will be coming :)

lauraswithie posted this 21 March 2014

Hi!
I am volunteering alone for Reading this year, so excited to meet everyone and its my birthday on the 20th (:

Leial posted this 23 March 2014

Wow Lauraswithie! You are going to have a fantastic birthday present, then :D

ashantiiiiii posted this 16 April 2014

Great I got replies haha! hi everyone hope ur all okay. Leial none of my mates are interested in Reading Fest cuz they don't know the bands [:0] I didn't knw what to say to them tbh. what bands do u all like btw? lauraswithie I cant think of a better place to spend a birthday [:D] hope you enjoy it. and how was last year, PurpleHayze I heard it was really good? im just curious how much time is available to see the bands perform and stuff...

bakershake posted this 16 April 2014

We had a great time last year, worked on the Wednesday from 5pm-1am, Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 1am-9am so loads of time off to enjoy the festival or just chill on the campsite. Nearer the time you get to choose shifts so you can look at the headliners and bands you want to see and work around that :)

flexismexisandwich posted this 20 April 2014

Hey. Volunteering this year by myself as well. Coming from a bit away as well so hoping to make friends there. I do have a few friends going but really wanted tk go and just meet some new people who are going to be doing something like me. Would be really great to get to know some of you or something. 19 and female btw. So excited but still a bit unsure on everything I need to bring. Thinking the 'kitlist' is slightly different than DofE!

Leial posted this 21 April 2014

quote:
Originally posted by flexismexisandwich
Hey. Volunteering this year by myself as well. Coming from a bit away as well so hoping to make friends there. I do have a few friends going but really wanted tk go and just meet some new people who are going to be doing something like me. Would be really great to get to know some of you or something. 19 and female btw. So excited but still a bit unsure on everything I need to bring. Thinking the 'kitlist' is slightly different than DofE!

In the end, none of my friends are coming. I think it will be better to go on my own hahaha.

I'm coming also from far away, Spain. I'm having the same problem as you, have no idea what to bring. What's the weather like in August?

Leial posted this 21 April 2014

Regarding the bandsâ?¦ I like a lot of them xD The 1975, A Day To Remember, Sleeping With Sirens, Paramore, Blink 182, Issuesâ?¦ What about you?

flexismexisandwich posted this 21 April 2014

quote:
Originally posted by Leial
quote:

In the end, none of my friends are coming. I think it will be better to go on my own hahaha.

I'm coming also from far away, Spain. I'm having the same problem as you, have no idea what to bring. What's the weather like in August?

Honestly have no idea what the weather is lilw really. Sometimes its very hot and miss. Just depends how our summer goes I think. :). Was looking up previous threads for what to bring with. Tent obviously is a very important one. And roll mat but depends If you can handle a possible bumpy floor. Wanting to see all the bands you're looking for as well. So excited. First festival.

Leial posted this 22 April 2014

I didn't think about the sleeping mat until yesterday. I think that if you sleep from Tuesday to Monday in the tent you should use the mat, or else your back will terribly hurt, don't you think?

flexismexisandwich posted this 15 May 2014

Just read the guide which was sent through on email to me, was very helpful on what to bring, however my poor back is going to die from carrying everything!

Leial posted this 15 May 2014

quote:
Just read the guide which was sent through on email to me, was very helpful on what to bring, however my poor back is going to die from carrying everything!

I've read it like a thousand times, and it's a really useful guide! But it's not the same camping three days than six :S Because for three days you can carry a bag with a couple of clothes. For a week you need a couple more xD

flexismexisandwich posted this 15 May 2014

Top tip. Multiple tops or so and only like 2 pairs of trousers or leggings or something. Rotate the bottoms with different tops and you'll be looking new each day. Aha. What I did on DofE. Made mw feel a little bit more clean when on the Moores!

Leial posted this 16 May 2014

quote:
Top tip. Multiple tops or so and only like 2 pairs of trousers or leggings or something. Rotate the bottoms with different tops and you'll be looking new each day. Aha. What I did on DofE. Made mw feel a little bit more clean when on the Moores!

You've saved my life! Thumbs up!

HelloKittyAy posted this 25 May 2014

Hey everyone thought I'd drop a message here as I always like to meet new people and help in any way if possible ^^

This will be my 7th year working there so I much knowledge I'm happy to share :) I'll be heading up alone from the Netherlands on the Tuesday but I know others who will be coming from previous years and it's always good to make a good circle of friends and chill! To those coming alone I say this - savour the moment! There is no better time than your first especially when alone, the festival will be what you make it. Enjoy, have fun, make friends and submerge in your surroundings and you'll have the best time ever ^_^

Hope to hear from some of you soon, and meet you at the festival! :D

flexismexisandwich posted this 04 June 2014

Hello! First year at a festival and volunteering! For sure looking for family to make! Shall he interesting I'm sure but so excited for it. Any tips of things to bring with me?

Leial posted this 05 June 2014

I have one question that has nothing to do with this, but, you all keep saying on THE Tuesday, why is that? I'd never heard that in my whole life xD Sorry for my ignorance about it, but I'm just so astonished to keep seeing it the whole time! Isn't it correct saying \"on Tuesday\"?

Dafter posted this 05 June 2014

quote:
I have one question that has nothing to do with this, but, you all keep saying on THE Tuesday, why is that? I'd never heard that in my whole life xD Sorry for my ignorance about it, but I'm just so astonished to keep seeing it the whole time! Isn't it correct saying \"on Tuesday\"?

That's just how the English language works, both (I think)are correct it just sounds better to put the \"the\". In my opinion.
It will also be my first time at a festival and volunteering, I'm super excited. I know some of my mates are going but they're not volunteering.

PurpleHayze posted this 06 June 2014

Hi Dafter :) I've got a few mates at the festival too, we get the best of both worlds....nice staff camping and showers and get to hang out with them on days off :) this is my second time working...had a blast last year!

PurpleHayze posted this 06 June 2014

quote:

Plasters!!!! Got some ridiculous blisters last year!

Leial posted this 06 June 2014

quote:

That's just how the English language works, both (I think)are correct it just sounds better to put the \"the\". In my opinion.
It will also be my first time at a festival and volunteering, I'm super excited. I know some of my mates are going but they're not volunteering.

Thanks! If you guys say it the whole time it might be because it's used a lot in England :) I was surprised because I've been a couple of times there and to Ireland and the United States as well, and I've spoken to many native English speaking people and they never said \"on the (day of the week)\", in fact, we were always taught to say \"on (day of the week).\"

Anyway, that was completely off-topic and you guys are the ones speaking English the whole time, so you know better than me, hahaha.

This will be my first time volunteering and going to an English festival, and I'm super excited :D I'm going on my own, so I'm looking forward to meeting new people :3

bakershake posted this 06 June 2014

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHayze

Plasters!!!! Got some ridiculous blisters last year!

I had one bigger than my toe lol! Could barely walk after my night shift! Thank goodness for alcohol!

HelloKittyAy posted this 10 June 2014

Ajajaj the English language can be a crazy one but I wouldn't worry too much about it ;)

As for bringing things:
Plaster are a good idea, but my number one bring is always baby wipes. That is after alcohol of course ^^

But there is a tesco located about 25-45 mins walk from the staff camp (depending on your speed/how many punters are in your way) and it sells damn near everything you could need for the festival ^^

For anyone who doesn't know the location or the short cut to get there - I will be going there Tuesday afternoon for a supply run and you are more than. Welcome to come along and I can help in any way you wish ^_^

ItsDani posted this 11 June 2014

Heyyy I'm Dani and this is my second time at the fest. Don't get a cheap tent!! I had so many wet sleeps last year (no I didn't have an \"accident\", it was rain haha) and get something to sit on, it rained at night last year so the ground wasn't an option... Other than that, don't over pack. Get a few T-shirts, a pair of leggings, a pair of shorts, maybe a bikini top for those really hot days, thongs/flipflops whatever you call them AND one warm sweater, you'll need it at night as it gets quite cold. No one really cares what you look like at festivals anyway... And lastly, as Aaron said, Tesco's always there! Don't get everything from home, it will be waaay too much to carry, I was aching for days after the festival. This year is gonna be awesome! Can't wait for the campfires and hot mornings :D

Dafter posted this 11 June 2014

quote:

But there is a tesco located about 25-45 mins walk from the staff camp (depending on your speed/how many punters are in your way) and it sells damn near everything you could need for the festival ^^

For anyone who doesn't know the location or the short cut to get there - I will be going there Tuesday afternoon for a supply run and you are more than. Welcome to come along and I can help in any way you wish ^_^

Might have to join you on the supply run

MarinaL posted this 29 June 2014

Hi! I'm on my first experience at the festival. I'm coming on my own \"all the way\" from Italy (it's not that far though). I'm so excited for all this, but probably it's also because as soon as I go back to Italy after the festival I have to pack again because I'm going to live in Copenhagen for 9 months!
Definitely joining anyone who will go on the supplt run because I'm not going to bring any food from home! ;)

Leial posted this 01 July 2014

quote:
Originally posted by MarinaL
Hi! I'm on my first experience at the festival. I'm coming on my own \"all the way\" from Italy (it's not that far though). I'm so excited for all this, but probably it's also because as soon as I go back to Italy after the festival I have to pack again because I'm going to live in Copenhagen for 9 months!
Definitely joining anyone who will go on the supplt run because I'm not going to bring any food from home! ;)

Wow! When will you be arriving and to which airport? May be we can meet somewhere and get to Reading together!

MarinaL posted this 01 July 2014

quote:

Wow! When will you be arriving and to which airport? May be we can meet somewhere and get to Reading together!

Gatwick at 13.30!! I'm absolutely into meeting someone before the festival!

HelloKittyAy posted this 03 July 2014

Travelling up from Italy is a great effort :D we will all make sure you don't regret the trip, Reading will be wonderful ^_^ and as for the supply run I guess Tuesday early evening will be best? Gives everyone a chance to make their way onto and around the site and set up base and meet people :))

I know DC Ravenor and ItsDani(from a message above) and I will be pitching up together, so please feel free to come pitch by us and jump straight in! If my flights go to plan then I should be pitched up by 10am Tuesday morning and it's a red dome tent that says 'bad Melons' all over it and I'll have a holland flag on most likely ^^

emilieflorence posted this 04 July 2014

Hi everyone,
My application just got confirmed and i am volunteering alone. So I'm really excited, but also slightly scared as i have never volunteered at a festival before. It would be so lovely to talk to you and make friends before the festival :)

flexismexisandwich posted this 04 July 2014

Hey I'm going up to reading solo as well going up for the Tuesday so happy to chat before and make friends! Looking to meet people previous to it so I'm not such a loner! Aha. First time volunteering and first ever festival! Crazy times!

I have been to reading twice before and i loved it, I was going to go this year but too late its all sold out, so i thought why not volunteer. i hope it is going to be so much fun :D
Does anyone know when we get to pick our shifts?
Also how is everyone traveling to the festival? i don't drive so I'm thinking maybe train?

Felicity93 posted this 04 July 2014

Hey guys I'm also volunteering solo this year as my friend dropped out, so glad I'm not the only one!
I think we get to pick our shifts like a month before?

ashantiiiiii posted this 04 July 2014

any of u guys from Birmingham?? or Coventry?? or passing through these areas so we could meet up and go together?? also I am totally unsure about what to bring in terms of cooking and food and stuff does anyone know what exactly to bring??

I'm coming from the south west, bristol area. so if anyone is passing by i'd love to travel together.

Yeah me too in the terms of food.
My first festival i brought food with me, bbq, snacks and didn't eat out at the food stalls at all.
And my second time at reading i brought a few snacks and brought all my food the stalls. It just depends how much money you have to spend on festival food.

But this year i might do bit of both, as we are at the festival 6 days that will be a lot of money if i ate out at the stalls everyday.
Who's up for a staff bbq some nights?

I'm coming up from Exeter so could probably get the same train?

Yeah that would be great! Are you planning to go up tuesday? Just let me know when you want to book you transport and we can organise something?

Ok great, yeah I was thinking Tuesday :)

Jenthedrummer posted this 05 July 2014

Is anyone volunteering alone this year? i was suppose to work with a friend but she had to drop out. Never been to a festival before as well.

quote:
Hey ashantiii :) technically I'm going on my own, but will be meeting up with some guys I met last year. This is my second time at reading...can't wait!!!

Ahh my first time too, and alone

bborbas posted this 05 July 2014

I'm volunteering alone this year too :) it's reassuring that im not the only who is volunteering by themselves!

Who is getting the train to Reading?

ashantiiiiii posted this 06 July 2014

I might be by the looks of it. where are u catching the train from?

quote:
Originally posted by Jenthedrummer

MarinaL posted this 06 July 2014

quote:

If I don't find a lift from some kindhearted volounteer I'll take the train from London :)

Leial posted this 06 July 2014

quote:
quote:

Gatwick at 13.30!! I'm absolutely into meeting someone before the festival!

Meow, IHeathrow 14:40 more or less. TT^TT

Jenthedrummer posted this 06 July 2014

Well from Worthing but i have to change at Brighton then Gatwick Airport. Whereabouts are you getting the train from?

Jenthedrummer posted this 06 July 2014

Well from Worthing but i have to change at Brighton then Gatwick Airport. Whereabouts are you getting the train from?
[quote]Originally posted by ashantiiiiii
I might be by the looks of it. where are u catching the train from?

Leial posted this 08 July 2014

quote:

I might be getting a train from Heathrow! Not sure yet...

emilieflorence posted this 11 July 2014

The shift preferances are open now! Hope everyone gets want they want :)

Dafter posted this 11 July 2014

quote:
Originally posted by ashantiiiiii
any of u guys from Birmingham?? or Coventry?? or passing through these areas so we could meet up and go together?? also I am totally unsure about what to bring in terms of cooking and food and stuff does anyone know what exactly to bring??

I will be catching the train through Birmingham, we could meet up if you want.

flexismexisandwich posted this 11 July 2014

quote:
Originally posted by Dafter
quote:

I will be catching the train through Birmingham, we could meet up if you want.

Literally only realised this when you posted and I got a notification! Was so excited to put in shift patterns, just hope we all get what we would like! :)

bakershake posted this 11 July 2014

Shift patterns chosen! Hope everyone gets something they want ;)

emilieflorence posted this 11 July 2014

Kind of curious what everyone's preferences were?

PurpleHayze posted this 12 July 2014

I've got everything crossed for echo 2... Only 15 spots so unlikely!

emilieflorence posted this 12 July 2014

I am wishing for delta 2, but again only 16 places. :(N

Leial posted this 13 July 2014

Is it me, or the dates are somehow wrong? It's like it says: Friday23rd when it would be 22nd, Saturday 24th when it would be 23rd...

Leial posted this 13 July 2014

quote:
Originally posted by emilieflorence
Kind of curious what everyone's preferences were?

Echo 1!

bakershake posted this 13 July 2014

quote:
I've got everything crossed for echo 2... Only 15 spots so unlikely!

My first choice too! Don't like the odds much though!

ashantiiiiii posted this 14 July 2014

what part of London??? I might be going from London too but the thing is I not actually from London so it would be fun to get the train from London with someone else, specially as i'll be on my own [:)]

honeychilds posted this 14 July 2014

quote:
what part of London??? I might be going from London too but the thing is I not actually from London so it would be fun to get the train from London with someone else, specially as i'll be on my own [:)]

I'm soloing it at reading and hopefully catching the train from London, but I'm not from London either! London trains really confuse me, it would be great to be able to travel with some people going through London to Reading too!

MarinaL posted this 15 July 2014

I'll arrive at Gatwick at 14.50 and hopefully be at London Paddington at 15.30 at the latest. If someone is around at that time we can travel together. Or if someone can give a lift it's even better!! XD

EDIT: if no one is there because you alla arrive before or after I'll go directly from the airport to Rading and we'll meet there ;)

Leial posted this 15 July 2014

quote:
I'll arrive at Gatwick at 14.50 and hopefully be at London Paddington at 15.30 at the latest. If someone is around at that time we can travel together. Or if someone can give a lift it's even better!! XD

EDIT: if no one is there because you alla arrive before or after I'll go directly from the airport to Rading and we'll meet there ;)

If you go straight to Reading and leave Gatwick at around 15:30 we might get to Reading at the same time, more or less. How long does it exactly take you from Gatwick to Reading?

MarinaL posted this 15 July 2014

I saw on Google Maps it's about 1h30...

LukeTate89 posted this 16 July 2014

Hi guys! This will be my second year volunteering at Reading! What shifts have you all requested? I am technically coming on my own but meeting up with a couple of people I met last year! Coming from SE London I may be driving or getting a lift. Not sure yet!!

Leial posted this 17 July 2014

Hmm, I think that if everything goes as planned I should be arriving at Reading at 16-16:30â?¦

Luke, I have requested the Echo 1 shift ^^, You?

emilieflorence posted this 17 July 2014

Does anyone want to camp with me, I don't want to be a loner :(N

LukeTate89 posted this 17 July 2014

I have gone for 1) foxtrot 1 2) foxtrot 2 3) echo 2 4) delta 2 5) delta 1 and then I didn't really care after that haha

You can come and camp with us emilieflorence the more the merrier!!

Thanks Luke!

LukeTate89 posted this 17 July 2014

Are you on Facebook?

Yes, its just Emilie florence

LukeTate89 posted this 18 July 2014

Ok there are lots lol I didn't know which one was you so add me, Luke Tate. My picture is me with a sealion you can't miss it

Leial posted this 18 July 2014

I Do you mind if I add you as well? I don't wanna camp alone neither hahaha My FB is Patty Noa Blanco. I have a black and white picture, 50s-like.

emilieflorence posted this 18 July 2014

Nice sea lion picture, made it a lot easier to find you! Yeah leial thats fine :) its nice to put a face to the names, and then it might be easier to recognise people at reading.

LukeTate89 posted this 18 July 2014

Yea ofcourse that's fine! We can all camp together!

flexismexisandwich posted this 20 July 2014

Is anyone else hideously disorganised? I know it's a month away but I don't even have a tent, but my step mum has offered to make bunting for said tent when I get it -facepalm- is it wrong to panic yet?? Have to book my train up for the tuesday as well which makes it all seem real. Look forward to seeing Tuesday campers!

emilieflorence posted this 20 July 2014

I feel unprepared too as I haven't booked travel yet, and have no money to do so until end of the month, And don't know what day to go to the festival site, Tuesday or Wednesday?

I'm doing Tuesday just to make sure. I mean even if you don't have any briefing to do then you van at least explore the place or go do a food run or something. :)

Leial posted this 20 July 2014

quote:
I'm doing Tuesday just to make sure. I mean even if you don't have any briefing to do then you van at least explore the place or go do a food run or something. :)

Yes, I think Tuesday's better, because shifts that start on Wednesday early in the morning have the meeting on Tuesday, am I right?

i also feel a little disorganized. I mean, I've bought a tent, have a sleeping bag and a mat. But I gotta buy a rucksackâ?¦ What size do you recommend?

Regarding trains, do you know if tickets can be bought the same day? Because I don't know if I should risk buying a ticket for an hour and then if the flight is delayed or something I won't be able to go on that trainâ?¦ I don't know what to do TT^TT (freaking out already)

You can buy tickets at the station from the people or the machine. They're very helpful :)

I'm trying to get my hands on a big rucksack. Like the ones you take when hiking or going on walking expeditions :)
I don't want to risk being late on a Wednesday so for sure a tuesday :)

ashantiiiiii posted this 21 July 2014

quote:
Originally posted by honeychilds
quote:

I'm soloing it at reading and hopefully catching the train from London, but I'm not from London either! London trains really confuse me, it would be great to be able to travel with some people going through London to Reading too!

great! London trains are really confusing haha okay so what day are u planning to travel to reading then??

ashantiiiiii posted this 21 July 2014

can I join! im trying my best to get to know everyone before august [8D] i'll add u on fb if that's okay... my fb name is Ashanti Anderson

quote:
Originally posted by LukeTate89
I have gone for 1) foxtrot 1 2) foxtrot 2 3) echo 2 4) delta 2 5) delta 1 and then I didn't really care after that haha

You can come and camp with us emilieflorence the more the merrier!!

MarinaL posted this 21 July 2014

I'm camping on my own too so... I'm lending a big rucksack from a friend but I don't have a tent yet. I'm going to buy one ASAP. If anyone wants to add me on Facebook my name is Marina Liuzzi (big black glasses...). This way we can get along way before the Festival ;)

LukeTate89 posted this 21 July 2014

Can't seem to find you haha can you add me?

flexismexisandwich posted this 22 July 2014

Anyone else gone for delta 1 as their first preference?? Really want the sunday off!

emilieflorence posted this 22 July 2014

I really want Sunday off too, delta 2 is my first preference, then all ones have that Sunday off after that :)

Main reason I wanted to go was for the sunday. My other preferences after that are alpha 1 and 2. Need to get organised for reading which seems to be taking time

LukeTate89 posted this 22 July 2014

Do you know when we find out what shifts we have? I had it in my head that it was yesterday but obviously not haha

I've been checking everyday. Can then book my train ticket when I know. Waiting is killing me.

emilieflorence posted this 22 July 2014

Yeah sunday is the best day flex, and the main reason i want to go. :D
I hope we find out soon so i can book travel too.

Got myself a pop up tent for reading today. After trialing it in the garden, 2 tutorials and about 2 mental breakdowns later and i managed to get it back down. Expert here. So excited now :)

bborbas posted this 22 July 2014

I put delta 1 and both alpha's as my first 3 preferences :) its killing me not knowing what my shift is!

bakershake posted this 22 July 2014

Feel free to add me, Stephen Baker, picture of a group of us at a kids party when I was about 7! If you've already added Sir Luke then search through his friends and you'll find me (providing he's not unfriended me lol). Luke - we find out shifts the latter part of this week as the Hotbox team were at Latitude until Monday! Typical, as I'm away tomorrow until Saturday 2nd August... :(N

CassidyNaima posted this 24 July 2014

I'm coming from Cardiff if you want a lift? I just got back from latitude which was amazing but super hyped for reading now. I ended up camping with a great group of people through the forum there and would love it if that worked again!

quote:
Originally posted by emilieflorence
I'm coming from the south west, bristol area. so if anyone is passing by i'd love to travel together.

Yeah me too in the terms of food.
My first festival i brought food with me, bbq, snacks and didn't eat out at the food stalls at all.
And my second time at reading i brought a few snacks and brought all my food the stalls. It just depends how much money you have to spend on festival food.

But this year i might do bit of both, as we are at the festival 6 days that will be a lot of money if i ate out at the stalls everyday.
Who's up for a staff bbq some nights?

CassidyNaima posted this 24 July 2014

p.s. shifts are being allocated tomorrow, got insider goss & if you find a random add on facebook it's probably me....i'm not a stalker i swear!!

flexismexisandwich posted this 24 July 2014

Very excited by this insider goss xD everything is going well this week! Eager to meet you all. I'll be the girl with the airbed and the whistley pump =L and the crazy mind of its own tent. Totally sane. Honest :)

bborbas posted this 24 July 2014

you're not alone with the airbed and the extremely whistley pump!

I feel like we need to either be situated in one area together or separated to the far depths of each corner!

either way we're still gonna be making the most annoying noise haha

Pre reading high five! We'll find each other I'm sure!

yeah, just gotta follow the sound!

LukeTate89 posted this 25 July 2014

Well I'm going to make sure I'm far away from you two haha

flexismexisandwich posted this 25 July 2014

One night of whistley passion only!

emilieflorence posted this 25 July 2014

Cassidynaima i would love a lift :o

CassidyNaima posted this 25 July 2014

emilie, thats fine FB me (Cassidy Howard-Kemp) and we can organise. Im all for insanity...

emilieflorence posted this 27 July 2014

Shift preferences are up, what did everyone get? I got Charlie 1.

flexismexisandwich posted this 27 July 2014

Delta 1. Well eager xD

bborbas posted this 27 July 2014

I got delta 1 too :)

Awesome!!

Jenthedrummer posted this 27 July 2014

is anyone charlie 1?

PurpleHayze posted this 27 July 2014

I got Echo 2 :) :) :)

emilieflorence posted this 27 July 2014

jenthedrummer, i am :D
Purplehayze, I'm so jealous, that was my first choice!

Jenthedrummer posted this 27 July 2014

sweet emilieflorence! Charlie 1 was my fifth choice, still not too bad shift pattern though

Decided that me and bborbas are plain awesome. Same shifts and same whistley pump syndrome. Watch out reading.

LukeTate89 posted this 27 July 2014

Foxtrot 1 oooooo yea!!!!

rideti.me posted this 27 July 2014

Bravo 1 :(N

ItsDani posted this 28 July 2014

I got delta 1 as well! :D x

MarinaL posted this 28 July 2014

I'm in Bravo 2! Second choice so not so bad...

lesleys95 posted this 28 July 2014

quote:
Originally posted by LukeTate89
Foxtrot 1 oooooo yea!!!!

I got foxtrot 1 aswell!

lauraswithie posted this 28 July 2014

quote:

Hey PurpleHayze
Im an Echo 2 as well! Are you volunteering alone? It's always good to know someone on the same shift pattern before getting there!

Laura x

LukeTate89 posted this 28 July 2014

Ah cool! I was really surprised as only 5 places! Is that what you wanted?

CassidyNaima posted this 28 July 2014

CHARLIE 1 :D

Jenthedrummer posted this 28 July 2014

Yay! someone else is Charlie 1! Was that your 1st preference?

I didn't really get a preference since I only paid my deposit 3 days ago. I was worried i'd be on my own since it starts monday haha

Leial posted this 28 July 2014

I'm in Echo 1!! Anyone else in Echo 1??? :D

Na I'll be there bright and early about midday haha are you on Facebook? I'm so excited now I can't wait!!

elliepesto posted this 28 July 2014

quote:
Originally posted by lauraswithie
quote:

Hey PurpleHayze
Im an Echo 2 as well! Are you volunteering alone? It's always good to know someone on the same shift pattern before getting there!

Laura x

I'm gonna join the club, I'm echo2 too!

Yeah im on facebook, search Lesley sommerville. PP is one with three girls in pink if that helps ahah

I can never find anyone using Facebook on my phone I'm sure it doesn't work properly!! See if you can find me Luke Tate and my picture is me and a sealion I'm sure you can't miss it haha

bborbas posted this 28 July 2014

Totally agree with you fleismexisandwich, we are awesome :P

ginger06 posted this 29 July 2014

Anyone need a lift from Northampton/ Milton Keynes to reading? I'm leaving on the 18th and don't want drive there on my own.

ginger06 posted this 29 July 2014

Anyone in foxtrot2

PurpleHayze posted this 29 July 2014

quote:
Originally posted by elliepesto
quote:
quote:

Hey PurpleHayze

Laura x

Hey echo 2 crew!!! That's three of us, only 12 more to find :) add me on fb, hayze_85@hotmail.com x

elliewilson posted this 29 July 2014

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey PurpleHayze

Laura x

Hey echo 2 crew!!! That's three of us, only 12 more to find :) add me on fb, hayze_85@hotmail.com x

Hey! My friend and I are both in echo 2!! This will be the first time both of us are volunteering, so excited![:D]

LukeTate89 posted this 29 July 2014

Hayley you have managed to find like your whole team! Maybe you'll find better cooler people than me and Steve. But I doubt it ð??¬

rideti.me posted this 29 July 2014

So Bravo1 is the biggest team, one of the worst patterns,and noone else admits to being on it lol.

elliepesto posted this 29 July 2014

quote:
Originally posted by elliewilson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey PurpleHayze

Laura x

Hey! My friend and I are both in echo 2!! This will be the first time both of us are volunteering, so excited![:D]

Feel free to add me on facebook y'all it would be good to see some familiar faces when we get there! It's ellie estop, pretty sure there's only one of me so shouldn't be too difficult to find :)

ashantiiiiii posted this 30 July 2014

anyone else in alpha 1?? btw feel free to add me on facebook people! search ashanti Anderson and its the black and white profile pic :)

timbo.3er posted this 30 July 2014

Delta1 for me. 5th choice but its not too bad really looking at it. Anyone else on that shift?

flexismexisandwich posted this 30 July 2014

Timbo.3er I am :) was my first preference though. :)

timbo.3er posted this 30 July 2014

Fair one. Feel free to add me on facebook or twitter - Tim Frear.

Also, I will be driving from Wiltshire and will have room in my car if anyone needs a lift to arrive on the Weds. Message me any questions

flexismexisandwich posted this 30 July 2014

What time are people looking at getting in on Tuesday? Looking at booking my train now and wondered what time others are getting in to the station so maybe could walk to the site with anyone from the station :)

ItsDani posted this 31 July 2014

quote:
Originally posted by timbo.3er

Also, I will be driving from Wiltshire and will have room in my car if anyone needs a lift to arrive on the Weds. Message me any questions

I'm in delta 1 too! Tried to find you on FB but there were many Tim Frear :P add me? Dania Bawi, anyone else feel free to add me too so we can chat about how awesome Reading is going to be!!!

honeychilds posted this 02 August 2014

quote:
Originally posted by rideti.me
So Bravo1 is the biggest team, one of the worst patterns,and noone else admits to being on it lol.

I'm in Bravo 1! Awful shift patterns! So glad There's someone else on here in the same group. Feel free to add me on facebook, would be nice to be familiar with at least one person in the same group! https://www.facebook.com/hcornwellchilds

bakershake posted this 02 August 2014

Delta 1 :(

Sucks, it was my 4th choice and I didn't want it :(N

bakershake posted this 02 August 2014

P.S. Bravo 1 was my 2nd choice and I still didn't get it - I must have been really crap last year when I worked there!

PurpleHayze posted this 03 August 2014

Delta 1 doesn't look too bad Steve and u weren't crap last year!!! I'm screwed, amazing shift pattern but I chose it as I thought my mates were going....now there not so I'll be on my own all weekend :( guess I'll have to be brave and talk to people!!

bakershake posted this 03 August 2014

Awww thanks Hayley! I'll see you for some of the weekend I'm sure when our shifts don't clash! You never slept at all last year anyway lol!

PurpleHayze posted this 04 August 2014

What times your train getting into reading?? Still want me to pick you up?

bakershake posted this 04 August 2014

Depends on which connection I make, aim to leave about 10ish so will be arriving between 12 and 1 on the Tuesday. how does that fit in with you?

PurpleHayze posted this 04 August 2014

Ok, a little earlier would be better but I can work with that :)

bakershake posted this 04 August 2014

I can do earlier if better for you? when's your first shift?

Dafter posted this 06 August 2014

Anyone else in Foxtrot 3?
People add me on Fb Toby Carty. My PP is the black guy sat on a tree wearing a pink shirt with an awesome mohawk. I will be arriving by train sometime on the Tuesday, travelling from Kidderminster , West Midlands. Also if anyone is really struggling for a tent I will have some spare room.

flexismexisandwich posted this 06 August 2014

Hey. Not in foxtrot 3 butarriving at the station at 2.30! So if I see you there I shall be sure to give you a wave and a hello! :)

Dafter posted this 06 August 2014

I can arrive about that time, we could meet up maybe?

flexismexisandwich posted this 06 August 2014

Yeah that sounds good. Shall add you on fb now :)

elliepesto posted this 08 August 2014

quote:
Originally posted by ItsDani
quote:
Originally posted by timbo.3er

I'm in delta 1 too! Tried to find you on FB but there were many Tim Frear :P add me? Dania Bawi, anyone else feel free to add me too so we can chat about how awesome Reading is going to be!!!

For some reason i've been randomly moved groups and i'm in delta 1 now, it's ellie estop on facebook so feel free to add me, it will be so much less stressful arriving knowing at least some faces of other people haha

bakershake posted this 09 August 2014

Added you on facebook Ellie, welcome to Delta 1!

flexismexisandwich posted this 09 August 2014

What's your profile picture Ellie? Delta 1 is a good shift to be doing =D

ashantiiiiii posted this 09 August 2014

for some reason my shift has changed to Charlie 1.... anyone else in Charlie??

PurpleHayze posted this 09 August 2014

Why are people being changed? Just checked and I'm still Echo 2. This time next week I'll be packing!!! Can't wait :)

elliepesto posted this 09 August 2014

quote:
What's your profile picture Ellie? Delta 1 is a good shift to be doing =D

It's a picture of me and someone else with our arms round each other, we're both wearing black and both got scrunchies in our hair we look identical haha

emilieflorence posted this 12 August 2014

I've just received this from hotbox as I asked if I could change my shift,

\"Yes - If you are able to find someone who is happy to swap all of their shifts then you can both go to the Hotbox Events' on-site office to request the swap\"

I have Charlie 1, does anyone want to swap? I really would like Sunday off too see my favourite bands!

bakershake posted this 17 August 2014

Subject to hotbox agreeing it I am now on Bravo 1 shift and a lot happier as it fits in better with the shifts I want to work and the bands I want to see/avoid! Now I'll probably find out the secret set is someone mega and I'll miss it lol!!!

emilieflorence posted this 17 August 2014

What did you change from Bakershake?

rideti.me posted this 17 August 2014

Now Delta 1 swapped with Bakershake here.

flexismexisandwich posted this 17 August 2014

Woo delta 1!!

bakershake posted this 18 August 2014

quote:
Originally posted by rideti.me
Now Delta 1 swapped with Bakershake here.

Thanks bud :D

honeychilds posted this 18 August 2014

Bravo 1 anyone??

Jenthedrummer posted this 18 August 2014

Just looked on the what not to bring list and one of them is excessive alcohol. But does anyone know how much alcohol they would count as excessive?

A lorry load! Think they are less bothered on the staff campsite so bring what you like would be my advice!

flexismexisandwich posted this 18 August 2014

They cool with glass bottles or shall I transfer into a plastic bottle? :)

timbo.3er posted this 18 August 2014

I live approx a 2 hour drive away and am planning on arriving on Wednesday morning as I have the work brief that evening ready for the shift the following day.

Does anyone know what the earliest entry is in? The info pack does state to arrive early to avoid queues

Campsite is open from Tuesday lunchtime onwards, so you can arrive anytime after then timbo.3er, no specific opening/closing times!

Who is arriving tomorrow?

flexismexisandwich posted this 18 August 2014

Me :) train is getting in after 2 :)

quote:
They cool with glass bottles or shall I transfer into a plastic bottle? :)

Think the ruling is no glass bottles anywhere on site, although no-one checked when I arrived last year (I didn't have any - but thought there may be checks, like on the normal campsite),N

sweet, Im not sure what time ill be there but should start driving at about 2-3 :)

quote:
Originally posted by honeychilds
Bravo 1 anyone??

I am, as soon as I change with rideti.me :D

Hopefully see you there :)

Me and Purple Hayze are arriving around 12ish tomorrow.

Luke is keen and already there (he's working tomorrow as on a foxtrot shift pattern)!

CassidyNaima posted this 18 August 2014

im bringing @emilie with me and we shall be there around 4-5 if anyone wants to join a little camping circle I have plenty of BBQ's and marshamllows :D gimme text on 07912076334. super hyped now!!

YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close