2018 will be our 16th year volunteering at some of the best festivals in the UK!
To celebrate this, we've put together 16 reasons why volunteering at festivals this summer with Hotbox Events will be awesome!
If you're yet to apply and would like to find out more about volunteering with us at Download, Latitude, RiZE, Reading and Leeds, head over to our festival volunteer info pages!
16 reasons to join us in our 16th festival volunteering year...
- Places are confirmed within 24 hours of us receiving your festival volunteer application and deposit!
- You choose the shifts you'd prefer before the festival and we confirm these in advance, so you know when you'll be volunteering and can plan your festival schedule!
- You only need to pay 1 deposit to volunteer with Hotbox at as many festivals as you like!
- Volunteer with your friends; just pop their names on your application form and we guarantee you'll be placed on the same shifts!
- Volunteering is great for your CV and a great talking point at interviews! Employers love to see varied experience and interests, especially when it shows you're willing to give something back by volunteering. Plus, if you need a reference for a new job we're always happy to provide one!
- There are no admin fees and no card fees on deposit returns so you get your entire deposit back as long as you complete all of your shifts!
- Meet like-minded people and make friends for life! Lots of our volunteers come on their own the first year and then return year on year with friends they've made volunteering!
- Your own private camping area, with charging points, free tea and coffee, access to staff toilets and showers!
- No minimum number of festivals you need to volunteer at, join us for just one, or as many festivals as you like, it's totally up to you!
- Volunteers who have joined us before pay a lower deposit and we return volunteer deposits within 30 days of the festival!
- Be a part of something special and make a difference! From humble beginnings in 2003 where we were a team of just 6 volunteers, more than 3,000 of us now volunteer together every year and have become a vital part of the festivals we work with!
- Learn practical skills that can benefit you in all walks of life, from first response to teamwork, organisation and problem solving.
- If you change your mind about volunteering, you can cancel your volunteer place up to 20 days before a festival without losing your deposit!
- Volunteering is a great way to get a foot in the door to the festival industry and make valuable contacts! Many of our volunteers progress to paid staff roles with Hotbox Events and other festival organisations every year!
- Give something back, our volunteers work together to ensure everyone has the best time possible at the festivals! At the end of an amazing week you'll travel home feeling proud of what you have achieved!
- Last but not least, an amazing summer you'll never forget!
If you've not volunteered at a festival before and you're wondering what it's like head over to our festival volunteer photo galleries where you'll find thousands of photos of our volunteers having an awesome time volunteering with us!
If you have questions our festival FAQs are packed full of answers to many we're regularly asked, plus lots of handy hints and tips about volunteering at festivals.
If you'd like to chat with others who have volunteered with us before you can head over to our festival forum where you'll find both new and returning volunteers chatting about what it's like to volunteer at festivals, arranging to share lifts, asking and answering questions about volunteering at festivals...
If you're thinking about volunteering but not sure about doing it on your own don't worry, every year around half of the 3,000 volunteers who join us do so on their own the first time and then return year on year to meet up with friends they've made volunteering!
If you'd like to see what volunteering is like you can head to our festival photo galleries where you'll find thousands of photos of our volunteers having an amazing time whilst volunteering with us!
If there is anything you'd like to ask or you'd just like to chat with us about volunteering, please don't hesitate to email or call the office or get in touch via one of our social channels!
See you in the summer!