With the clocks about to change and the skies turning blue we've now got our sights firmly set on a fantastic festival filled summer!
2019 will be our 17th year volunteering at the best festivals in the UK! So, we put our heads together (it hurt at first...we're fine though) and jotted down our top 17 reasons why volunteering at festivals with Hotbox Events is awesome!
Volunteer applications for this summer's Latitude, Download, Reading and Leeds opened last month and already half of the places have been taken! A huge thank you to everyone who's applied to join us this year!
If you're yet to apply to volunteer in 2019 and would like to sign-up now!
17 reasons to join us in our 17th year...
- We confirm positions within 24 hours of receiving your volunteer application and deposit!
- You can choose the shifts you prefer before the festival and we'll confirm your shifts in advance, so you know when you'll be volunteering and can plan your festival schedule!
- You only need to pay 1 deposit to volunteer with Hotbox at as many festivals as you like!
- Volunteer with your friends; just pop their names on your application and we guarantee you'll be placed on the same shifts!
- Volunteering is great for your CV and a great talking point at interviews! Employers love to see varied experience and interests, especially when it shows you're willing to give something back by volunteering. Plus, if you need a reference for a new job, we're always happy to provide one!
- Dedicated and discounted volunteer catering right inside your own private volunteer campsite offering some of the tastiest festival meals you're ever likely to find!
- There are no admin fees charged on deposits, so you receive your entire deposit back as long as you complete all of your shifts!
- Meet like-minded people and make new friends for life! Lots of our volunteers come on their own the first year and then return year on year with friends they've made volunteering!
- Free parking close to your own private camping area, which also offers a volunteer marquee with tables and chairs, phone charging points, free tea and coffee, access to staff toilets and showers!
- No minimum number of festivals you need to volunteer at, join us for just one, or as many festivals as you like, it's totally up to you!
- Be a part of something and make a difference! From humble beginnings in 2003 where we were a team of just 6 volunteers, thousands of us now volunteer together every year and have become a vital part of the festivals we work with!
- If you've volunteered with us before your deposit is discounted by 35% and we return volunteer deposits within 30 days of the festival!
- Learn practical skills that can benefit you in all walks of life, from first response to teamwork, organisation and problem solving.
- If you change your mind about volunteering, you can cancel your volunteer place up to 20 days before a festival without any penalty!
- Volunteering is a great way to get a foot in the door to the festival industry and make valuable contacts! Many who volunteer with us progress to staff roles with Hotbox Events and other festival organisations every year!
- Give something back, our volunteers work together to ensure everyone has the best time possible at the festivals! At the end of an amazing week you'll travel home feeling proud of what you have achieved!
- Last but not least, have a fantastic summer you'll never forget!
If you've not volunteered at a festival before and you're wondering what it's like volunteering with Hotbox Events, make sure you checkout some of our staff and volunteer interviews! You'll get to hear from volunteers who have joined us talking about how they found their shifts, how they were looked after by the Hotbox team, what it was like volunteering for the first time on their own, taking on more responsibility year on year and progressing from a volunteer to staff role, and even how the experience and confidence gained has helped with their career progression away from festivals!
If you have specific questions about volunteering at festivals try our festival FAQs! They're regularly updated and packed full of answers to the questions we're usually asked, plus lots of handy hints and tips about volunteering at festivals.
If you'd like to chat with others who have volunteered with us before you can head over to our festival forum where you'll find both new and returning volunteers chatting about what it's like to volunteer at festivals, arranging to share lifts, asking and answering questions about volunteering at festivals...
If you're thinking about volunteering but not sure about doing it on your own don't worry, every year at least half of those who join us do so on their own the first time and then return year on year to meet up with friends they've made volunteering!
Another way to see what volunteering is like is to head over to our festival photo galleries where you'll find thousands of photos of our volunteers having an amazing time whilst volunteering with us!
If there is anything you'd like to ask or you'd just like to chat with us about volunteering, please don't hesitate to email or call the office or get in touch via one of our socials!
Hope to see you in the summer 😊