2015 Hotbox Festival Volunteers Lift Sharing Topic

• Topic Is Locked
  • 7.1K Views
  • Last Post 14 April 2015
Mark posted this 14 April 2015

What is lift sharing?

The idea is to meet with others who are heading in the same direction, usually in a car, and travel together. Meaning you save on fuel costs and help the environment!

In previous years many of our festival and event volunteers have arranged to share lifts via the Hotbox Events Forum ' please do try and travel together whenever possible.

How to arrange to share a lift?

If you are offering a lift post a message in this topic including:

• Where you are going
  • Where you are coming from
  • How many spaces you have
  • When you are going

I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival, I have two spaces in my car.

If you are requesting a lift post a message in this topic including:

• Where you are going
  • Where you are coming from
  • How many spaces you're looking for
  • When you are going

E.g. "I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival with one friend.

If you can't find a lift from someone on the forums you could also try

www.liftshare.org www.freewheelers.co.uk

How to contact people about lift sharing?

You can contact people from the Hotbox Events forum; if you click on someone's username next to one of their posts you will be taken to the user's forum profile where you can click "Click to send an E-Mail.

This is a good way to work out details such as times and locations.

Please note you'll need to have posted a few times otherwise the forum won't let you send messages!

Best of luck finding your lift!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
jamest54 posted this 06 May 2015

I'll be volunteering at both Latitude & Leeds alone and this would be a huge help for me, plus it would be great to meet some friendly new faces!

I'm based in Manchester so if anyone is nearby, please let me know [:)]

Melton posted this 13 May 2015

Got 3 seats in my car

Travelling from Birmingham to Reading Festival

Planning on heading down as early as possible, so for the Tuesday afternoon!

Will only have one seat for the return journey on Monday as i have friends at the festival who will be returning with me.

Anyway, if you need a lift down there, just holla, will split petrol evenly and whatnot.

Lex posted this 15 May 2015

Hi all,

I'll be looking for a lift from Norwich to Latitude on the Wednesday morning, as the buses seem to start 40 mins after we need to arrive? I don't want Tom be late for my first Latitude!

Mark - I tried to message you but the system won't allow me. I work for liftshare.com and can set up a site for us all to post our offers or requests of lifts on, which would better organise lifts than a forum thread. It's only a 5 min job for me and it's free, so let me know if you'd like me to :)

adam0711 posted this 15 May 2015

Heeyy,

I have 3 seats available

Going to Latitude on Wednesday morning

Coming from High Wycombe

nikksta posted this 15 May 2015

Hello!

Looking to see if anyone can help me out, travelling from Bournemouth (can get to Southampton if easier) to Reading and back.

Would be super helpful as I'm also volunteering alone, if anyone can help out a 19 year old girl you'd be an absolute angel.

NRJames posted this 15 May 2015

quote:
Originally posted by Lex
Hi all,

I'll be looking for a lift from Norwich to Latitude on the Wednesday morning, as the buses seem to start 40 mins after we need to arrive? I don't want Tom be late for my first Latitude!

Mark - I tried to message you but the system won't allow me. I work for liftshare.com and can set up a site for us all to post our offers or requests of lifts on, which would better organise lifts than a forum thread. It's only a 5 min job for me and it's free, so let me know if you'd like me to :)

Hi Lex,

I will be travelling from Norwich to Latitude, but will probably head down Tuesday evening to get a good spot and beat the crowds. Let me know if you're interested.

I have forwarded your message on to Mark.

Lex posted this 15 May 2015

Hi James, sounds good, thank you! I'll be at work on the Tuesday so probably couldn't leave until about 8. What kinda time are you thinking of heading down? :)

ScarletA posted this 17 May 2015

Hi, I'm Agnes I'll be volunteering in Reading festival. I'm looking for lift from anywhere in Northamptonshire (preferred Corby, Kettering or Northampton) on Tuesday. Would be glad if anyone has one space to spare :)

Lex posted this 19 May 2015

Doh, I just checked and there's already a page for Latitude liftsharing... see www.liftshare.com/UK/lifts/latitude :) I'll pop my journey request on there so hopefully will find a driver soon!

LatitudeBen posted this 28 May 2015

Hi NR James and Lex,

I'm also travelling from Norwich and am happy to get there for Tuesday in case I get a shift on that day, any interest in splitting petrol costs 3 ways and giving me a lift?

Let me know :)

Ben

Stacey90 posted this 29 May 2015

My sister and I are heading to Latitude festival from South Norfolk and have 3 spaces left if anyone is interested. We are plenty of room for all tents etc. We're happy to pick up on the way or anywhere close to Harleston (IP20).

Alex the Bearded Ginge posted this 30 May 2015

Hi all,
First post to this forum (so I won't be able to email anyone just yet).
Lots of firsts actually: first time volunteering at a festival, first time at Latitude overall. Doing it all on my own too.

I'm another one looking for a lift from Norwich and travelling on the Tuesday. Pretty please with ginger knobs on...

I haven't sorted my shifts yet (next job) so haven't had my briefing time confirmed but had planned to be set-up on campus in good time for the 20:30 Tuesday briefing (so arriving any time from midday opening onwards).

I'll have loads more questions to ask the experienced volly pros over the next six weeks, no doubt...

NRJames posted this 30 May 2015

LatitudeBen and Alex,

I need to be on site Tuesday PM by 6 so thinking I'll aim for a 3pm depart from Norwich so I can get set up. Let me know if that works for you.

James

OliviaKate8 posted this 31 May 2015

Hey! Me and my friend Rachel are looking for someone to pick us up that is travelling through Melton Mowbray on the Tuesday to Latitude festival? We will be bringing one tent with us so hopefully won't take up much room! Thanks, Olivia.

Alex the Bearded Ginge posted this 31 May 2015

Hi James,
Thanks very much for your kind offer, that sounds perfect. I did see your earlier post to Lex so wasn't sure if I'd already missed your boat, space-wise, hence why I didn't directly ask you in my first post.

I'll stick your mobile number (very brave putting it online?![:0]) in my phone and text you mine...

Cheers, Alex[8D]

jacobmee posted this 03 June 2015

quote:
Originally posted by nikksta
Hello!

Looking to see if anyone can help me out, travelling from Bournemouth (can get to Southampton if easier) to Reading and back.

Would be super helpful as I'm also volunteering alone, if anyone can help out a 19 year old girl you'd be an absolute angel.

Looking for a lift from high Wycombe to latitude, would help out massivly:)

quote:
Originally posted by NRJames
quote:
Originally posted by Lex
Hi all,

Hi Lex,

I will be travelling from Norwich to Latitude, but will probably head down Tuesday evening to get a good spot and beat the crowds. Let me know if you're interested.

I have forwarded your message on to Mark.

HD12345 posted this 03 June 2015

Hi, I'm looking for a lift to latitude from Norwich & back... if there are any going, please let me know! I'm not sure what days yet due to shifts not being sorted fully yet.. Thank you! (((Obviously willing to pay decent petty))).
Cheers, Hannah.

snockles posted this 04 June 2015

Hi Jacob,
I'm heading there Tuesday morning from Reading. Can easily swing through High Wycombe.
Sean.

quote:
Originally posted by jacobmee
Looking for a lift from high Wycombe to latitude, would help out massivly:)

Show More Posts

Topic Is Locked

YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close