2015 Hotbox Festival Volunteers Lift Sharing Topic

• Topic Is Locked
  • 7.1K Views
  • Last Post 14 April 2015
Mark posted this 14 April 2015

What is lift sharing?

The idea is to meet with others who are heading in the same direction, usually in a car, and travel together. Meaning you save on fuel costs and help the environment!

In previous years many of our festival and event volunteers have arranged to share lifts via the Hotbox Events Forum ' please do try and travel together whenever possible.

How to arrange to share a lift?

If you are offering a lift post a message in this topic including:

• Where you are going
  • Where you are coming from
  • How many spaces you have
  • When you are going

I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival, I have two spaces in my car.

If you are requesting a lift post a message in this topic including:

• Where you are going
  • Where you are coming from
  • How many spaces you're looking for
  • When you are going

E.g. "I am leaving Cornwall on 9th July, heading to Latitude Festival with one friend.

If you can't find a lift from someone on the forums you could also try

www.liftshare.org www.freewheelers.co.uk

How to contact people about lift sharing?

You can contact people from the Hotbox Events forum; if you click on someone's username next to one of their posts you will be taken to the user's forum profile where you can click "Click to send an E-Mail.

This is a good way to work out details such as times and locations.

Please note you'll need to have posted a few times otherwise the forum won't let you send messages!

Best of luck finding your lift!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Gdaisyp posted this 24 August 2015

Hi,

I still have 2/3 spaces leaving Southampton on Wednesday. I am willing to pick people up from the surrounding area on the route to Reading, so Eastleigh/Winchester/Basingstoke etc.

nathalmeida posted this 24 August 2015

I'm leaving Sheffield on 26th August, heading to Leeds festival. I'm looking for only one space :D

jasonelwardccfc posted this 20 August 2015

quote:
Originally posted by Rosyhanley
Hey, Is anyone driving from Bristol to reading fest on Tuesday got a spare seat? Also a lift back would be greatly appreciated, will contribute to petrol costs!:)

Hey Rosyhanley,

I'll be driving to Reading on Tuesday from just outside Cardiff, but I could dip into Bristol to pick you up?
Probably best to text me on 07957361414 as I'll be working at V Festival as of today (Thursday) so I won't have great internet

ALSO, anyone else who needs a lift to Reading in exchange for good company and fuel contributions, and are on my route (Cardiff-Reading), get in touch; I'd be happy to help :)

Rosyhanley posted this 19 August 2015

Hey, Is anyone driving from Bristol to reading fest on Tuesday got a spare seat? Also a lift back would be greatly appreciated, will contribute to petrol costs!:)

HarryLarge posted this 18 August 2015

Hi, me and my girlfriend Alison are hoping someone would be able to take us too Leeds Festival on Tuesday 25th August in time for the evening briefing at 7pm. We are travelling by train to Leeds Station and were hoping we possibly be picked up from there if that is possible at all :) Cheers Harry

jamest54 posted this 18 August 2015

Hello! Is anybody travelling to Leeds on the Tuesday from Manchester and has a spare space in their car going? [:D]

I'm travelling solo so thought i'd give this a late shot. I'm in Alpha 1. Looking forward to it!

Or if anybody is going from Leeds and could get me from the station that would be amazing! Wiling to splash in some petrol money if needed [:)]

Camille posted this 17 August 2015

Hi guys !

Arriving at Londond Gatwick from France, I need a lift to Leeds festival tuesday 25th ! I'd be happy to give smthing for petrol cost. Waiting forward to hear from you :)

See you soon,

Camille

NtheBurb posted this 17 August 2015

Hi folks, I live on the edge of reading and have 2 spaces available in my car so if anyone is after a lift locally/nearby let me know [:D]

Feli posted this 15 August 2015

in need of 2 seats to READING on Tuesday 25th from Brixton/ London

would love to hear from you!

Gdaisyp posted this 14 August 2015

Hi,

I will be traveling from Southampton to Reading on Wednesday morning, and I have space for 2 people (maybe 3 if you haven't got much stuff!).
I am willing to pick people up from the surrounding area on route to Reading, or if you can get to Southampton Central train station I can pick you up from there.
I am going solo, and never been to Reading festival before, so it would be nice to get to know some people before I get there.

If anyone wants to take me up on this offer, just let me know!

Gemma

Caroline posted this 12 August 2015

Hi!

Anyone will be going to Leeds from London on Wednesday (Tuesday is also ok) and can give me a lift? :) We'll split petrol costs of course.

Caroline

Dibson posted this 08 August 2015

Hi,
Would it be possible to hitch a ride with someone going up to the Leeds Fest on the 25th from London. More than happy to split petrol cost :)

Regards
Dibson

DavidC posted this 07 August 2015

Now shifts are out I will be travelling from Hartlepool to Leeds on Tue leaving around 2pm. Room in car for 2

lisamaria posted this 06 August 2015

Hi!

Is anyone of you going to Reading Festival from London Heathrow on Tuesday? It would be great if anyone could offer a lift for my sister and me :) otherwise we'll probably take the train, so if anyone is doing the same and looking for travel companions, just let me know

NeoComaWhite posted this 05 August 2015

Hi! We are two people looking for a lift from London to Reading Festival on Saturday 29th. We will contribute towards petrol obviously! If you have some space for us, we will be grateful! Message me anytime. This website is great I am loving what you do guys [^] All the best.

Kind Regards!

carl readman posted this 04 August 2015

Hi,

Is anyone heading down to Reading from Newcastle? If you have any space for me and my mate that would be great!

Thanks

Carl

HD12345 posted this 04 August 2015

Anyone have 2 spaces to reading from norwich available? :):)

picklelilley posted this 02 August 2015

Hello!

I'll be driving to reading from near Chelmsford if anyone wants a lift. Surrounding areas/on the way also fine. Probably the Tuesday but I'm not entirely sure yet. I'm going alone and lift sharing to lattitude was much more fun than being alone so would welcome company!

It's only a small car so 1 or 2 people is probably best!

Quirls posted this 29 July 2015

Hello!

I am heading to Leeds Fest on Wednesday from Grimsby on my own. Ideally I would like a lift from Grimsby to Leeds Fest but I will happily get the train to Leeds. However, if anyone could offer me a lift from Leeds station to the festival site it would be much appreciated. Obviously I would be more than happy to pay something towards petrol costs.

Many thanks in advance.

Bephabecca posted this 17 July 2015

Anyone from Devon giving lifts to Reading...? [:I]
THANKS!

Show More Posts

Topic Is Locked

YouTube Twitter facebook Instagram
Close
Close