We have a vacancy for an Events Assistant to join the team at Hotbox HQ.
Job Title: Events Assistant
Location: Elvetham (Near Fleet), Hampshire
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term contract to November 2023 initially, with the possibility of transition to permanent contract
Salary: £22,000 pro rata
Start date: Early 2023
28 days holiday entitlement (pro rata)
Flexible working by agreement
Learning & Development support & training
About this Opportunity
As an Events Assistant, you will work closely with our Events team supporting and assisting them in all aspects of their work. The role will involve a broad range of activities from general admin to marketing support and fielding enquires. Some tasks will be a regular feature of the role, others on a more ad-hoc basis.
As our Events Assistant, you will:
- Assist the Events Coordinator in the preparation for the summer's festivals.
- Respond to the large number of staff and volunteer messages we receive over Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Email as well as over the phone.
- Prepare Info Packs and pre-event documents for each festival.
- Audit event equipment and prepare and pack equipment before each festival, as well as unpacking and auditing post-event.
- Assist with post-event collation of notes from each festival and uploading onto our volunteer management system.
- Assist with the preparation of newsletters to our database of festival staff and volunteers.
- Assist in creating editorial content for websites before, during and after events (images, news, writing & editing copy).
- Be happy manning the fort and preparing for future events whilst some of the team are onsite at events.
What we're looking for:
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Top notch organisational skills.
- Well versed in Microsoft Word and Excel and comfortable learning new systems.
- Willingness to get stuck in and work collaboratively with others.
- Experience delivering excellent customer service whilst working under pressure.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- A pro-active, can-do attitude and the ability to use your own initiative and work independently when required.
- Polite and confident telephone manner.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience of festival volunteering, either with Hotbox Events or another festival volunteering organisation.
- Previous experience of copywriting for social media and e-newsletters.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm of UK festival markets and events.
Who you are:
- You're committed to exceeding expectations, boundaries, and excellence. You demonstrate passion, and you're willing to go the extra mile.
- You have experience delivering 5* customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- You're a problem-solver with the ability to think on your feet and prioritise your workload.
- You have a good sense of humour and enjoy working in an unstructured environment.
- You're comfortable around dogs – there's a Dalmatian puppy who hangs out in the office during the week!
Please note, this is an office-based role. While some weekend festival attendance is possible, the role will predominantly be based at our HQ near Fleet, Hampshire.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form via the link below, uploading your current CV when prompted.
The closing date for applications is Monday 23rd January 2023.