The Big Chill Festival has been in touch letting us know they are looking for some more Green Messengers to work at the 2011 Big Chill Festival!
To join the Big Chill Green Messenger team you'll need to have a passion for recycling and sustainability, have bucket loads of energy and not mind getting your hands a little dirty!
Working as a Green Messenger at the Big Chill you'll be getting involved with some or all of the following:
- Advising the festival goers about recycling initiatives.
- Handing out bin bags to people on arrival.
- Overseeing the recycling points around the campsites - advising people which bin to use, sorting items that have been placed in the wrong bins and litter picking around the recycling points.
- As part of the recycling exchange team you will receive bags of cans and other rubbish from the festival goers in exchange for beer vouchers.
- Join the arena compost crew which roams the arena working as mobile compost bins.
- Working in the sorting area to re-pack camping equipment donated by festival goers.
- Salvaging re-usable camping equipment that festival goers have left in the campsites which will be donated to charity and community projects and organisations.
In return for 24 hours of voluntary work - thus usually breaks down as 4x 6 hour shifts between Thursday and Monday - all Green Messengers will receive free entry to the festival by way of a crew pass, crew camping, hot showers and nice toilets.
If you are interested in working as a Green Messenger you will need to:
- Be available to arrive at The Big Chill Festival on Wednesday 3rd August.
- Be available to work 24 hours between the Wednesday/Thursday and Monday of the festival.
- Be 18+ by the time the festival starts.
- Pay a refundable security deposit of £234.00 which will be refunded one month after the festival as long as you complete your shifts. Please note £9.00 is non-refundable as this is the payment fee imposed by PayPal.
- Be eligible to work in the UK.
For more info please contact email@example.com!